• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Matt Rhule

ncfan

55 minutes ago, rayzor said:

sliding OL back and forth from OT to OG?

switching out the QB randomly and planning on working in a third QB? 

seriously, what kind of dog poo did we step in? 

You hear him talk about how John Miller might be healthy again soon as if having back in the starting lineup would be a big positive.

He does...not...get it 😖

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

I’ve never personally hated a coach before. I actually dislike rhule at a very personal level. I think it’s due to his arrogance and being totally out of touch with reality. 

I've heard stories that George Seifert was a colossal a--hole. Also heard some talk that while John Fox himself wasn't necessarily a bad guy, his wife majorly ruffled feathers inside the Panthers offices. On the flipside, there was near universal belief that Ron Rivera was a peach.

Rhule? Well...we've heard a few whispers.

For me, I mean hell I never even had any personal dislike for Marty friggin' Hurney. Someone being bad at their job just isn't a valid reason to hate them.

But I'll confess, there's a part of me that thinks Rhule might genuinely be a rather doslikeable person.

9 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

The guy needs to go, but at this point we have to wait until the end of the year. Firing him now sets a really bad precedent for Tepper. He will have fired two coaches before seasons end in three seasons. That could scare off some coaches in the future. 

Maybe, but I doubt it.  The self-confidence and ego required to lead a bunch of alpha males likely wouldn't allow a viable coaching candidate to believe it would ever happen to him.  

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've heard stories that George Seifert was a colossal a--hole. Also heard some talk that while John Fox himself wasn't necessarily a bad guy, his wife majorly ruffled feathers inside the Panthers offices. On the flipside, there was near universal belief that Ron Rivera was a peach.

Rhule? Well...we've heard a few whispers.

For me, I mean hell I never even had any personal dislike for Marty friggin' Hurney. Someone being bad at their job just isn't a valid reason to hate them.

But I'll confess, there's a part of me that thinks Rhule might genuinely be a rather doslikeable person.

Agreed. What whispers have you heard? No doubt in my mind that they are correct, he seems like a genuine know it all that hasn’t produced anything on the NFL level. The only stamp he has had on the team is lying. All fans know when he says one thing, the opposite will happen every time.

Rhule: " We're looking to get Sam back before the end of the season and be able to run a triple threat option behind center in our games........hey it works for the Navy Academy!"

(background voice in room.......coach that's a triple threat option in handing off the ball not different QBs under center)

Rhule: "ohhh.......(coughs).......next question??

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

Agreed. What whispers have you heard? No doubt in my mind that they are correct, he seems like a genuine know it all that hasn’t produced anything on the NFL level. The only stamp he has had on the team is lying. All fans know when he says one thing, the opposite will happen every time.

Not me. Someone else on here posted not too long ago that folks inside the building aren't real big fans of Matt Rhule. Nothing too specific but some mention of his possibly being a tad unprofessional.

On the flipside, they apparently really like Scott Fitterer and think he could build a pretty good team...minus Rhule.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not me. Someone else on here posted not too long ago that folks inside the building aren't real big fans of Matt Rhule. Nothing too specific but some mention of his possibly being a tad unprofessional.

On the flipside, they apparently really like Scott Fitterer and think he could build a pretty good team...minus Rhule.

Unprofessional in what way? Running a college style program?

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

The guy needs to go, but at this point we have to wait until the end of the year. Firing him now sets a really bad precedent for Tepper. He will have fired two coaches before seasons end in three seasons. That could scare off some coaches in the future. 

Rivera was fired early and it sure as poo didn't scare off Matt Rhule.  Rhule is an embarrassment and needs to be canned immediately.  Tepper is ruining what's left of his credibility with fans the longer he stays employed.  I thought Rhule would work out too, but its time for Tepper to own up to this mistake and sack this clown.