• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cardinals vs Rams last night vs Panthers

raleigh-panther

The game last night between the Cardinals and Rams was a tremendously enjoyable game 

Two quality  NFL teams and two young HC coaches who also called offensive plays 

there hasn’t been a Panthers  game in years that looked like that 

I asked myself if a Rhule team could ever look like that and the answer is ‘no’  

yes, I know both of those coaches made mistakes in their early tenure, but they got better, not worse 

if Tepper does not show  Matt Rhule the door come Jan 10, then that tells me the problem is the owner  

The owner won’t change.  

it’s his club and he can do what he wantS

it may well be ‘lipstick on a pig’ with Rhule but it’s Tepper’s pig. 

• Beer 1

The Cards weren’t afraid to can their first round QB after a year or so and it’s been tremendous for their team. Kliff has gotten away from the cutesy calls and running more NFL schemes to the success of Kyler.

One thing to remember is that Kliff and Rhule met a couple times in the Big 12 and that’s why I think we’re 2-0 vs. the Cards with Rhule. He’s just a better college coach and deserves to do well in the NCAA where he can recruit and do things that appeal to 18 year olds rather than grown men with families. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

Both of those coaches went out and got the QB that they wanted. Murray looks like the real deal, and McVay decided Goff was garbage and shipped him off to the football wasteland known as Detroit, and managed to get Stafford in the process. A great QB is everything.

Most of this fan base would have a fit if they spent a #1 pick on a QB a year after spending a top 10 pick on a QB.  They would start whining some gibberish about needing to protect him or give him weapons.

• Pie 1

I'm curious why Pittsburgh let the Conner go? He looked like a legit player and can catch out of the back field. Between him, Kirk and Hopkins at WR, what more does Arizona need? 

Granted, the end of the game was horrible- everything about Arizona's clock management when they recovered the on-side kick was brutally inept.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

It’s a QB driven league 

draft your guy, pair him with a QB guru, have a former head coach run your defense

amazing how arguably the most unsuccessful franchise in sports figured that out but we couldnt

Also, Arizona didn't waste precious time with a incompetent head coach, they fired him after one year.

Tepper needs to take note.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm curious why Pittsburgh let the Conner go? He looked like a legit player and can catch out of the back field. Between him, Kirk and Hopkins at WR, what more does Arizona need? 

Granted, the end of the game was horrible- everything about Arizona's clock management when they recovered the on-side kick was brutally inept.

I was surprised as well. Connor is legit. He stepped up well for Pittsburgh when Bell was the starter and went down. Now he is flourishing with Arizona. To think he was a FA back that we could have picked up!! 

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

Most of this fan base would have a fit if they spent a #1 pick on a QB a year after spending a top 10 pick on a QB.  They would start whining some gibberish about needing to protect him or give him weapons.

Hell some people are wanting to roll with Darnold next year because our line is terrible. You have to have a QB to compete. If there is one we like we need to try to obtain him. Best case scenario is new coach and new QB next year. 

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

The game last night between the Cardinals and Rams was a tremendously enjoyable game 

Two quality  NFL teams and two young HC coaches who also called offensive plays 

there hasn’t been a Panthers  game in years that looked like that 

I asked myself if a Rhule team could ever look like that and the answer is ‘no’  

yes, I know both of those coaches made mistakes in their early tenure, but they got better, not worse 

if Tepper does not show  Matt Rhule the door come Jan 10, then that tells me the problem is the owner  

The owner won’t change.  

it’s his club and he can do what he wantS

it may well be ‘lipstick on a pig’ with Rhule but it’s Tepper’s pig. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the Bills and Bucs play on Sunday.  We aren't even close to being in the same league.