• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many more losing seasons could you endure?

hepcat

8 hours ago, hepcat said:

How many more losing seasons could you endure before this team isn’t even worth your time anymore?

There isn’t any hope for the Panthers being a contender any time soon. We are all exhausted watching this trash team flounder its way to 5 wins every year. 

I haven’t lived in Charlotte for 15 years. I’m losing interest in football in general as I think many Americans are for various reasons. The popularity of the sport is declining slow but sure. Even Tepper knows this and invested in an MLS team which is rapidly on the rise.

How long have you been around? How long?

I've been around since I was 5, in 1996. I've closely followed the Panthers in some aspect since then (as much as you can in those various ages). I've lived through 1-15, post Tommy John Jake Delhomme, JIMMY CLAUSEN, RODNEY fuging PETE.

But I was also at the Green Bay game in 2011 to see Cam break the rookie record for passing Yards in a game; watching him heave a 65 yard bomb to Steve Smith off of one foot. I remember the crosser to Ginn against the Saints on 3rd down after going 0-fer the entire game and the stadium shaking after the touchdown later that drive. Beating the Patriots on Monday night football. An Asian guy in the stands in 2003 during the Detroit Lions game saying "We going to HOUSTON" in a stereotypical asian-american accent (don't flame me, the guy have immigrated here and was excited). Sure as poo, we went to Houston. The Vikings game when Culpepper tore his ACL and Smitty made Fred Smoot his bitch, even going so far as to row the boat.

I'm not going any fuging where. You want to go? Go. No one will miss your negative ass. 

GTFO and take your God damn fish with you. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

39 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I've been around since I was 5, in 1996. I've closely followed the Panthers in some aspect since then (as much as you can in those various ages). I've lived through 1-15, post Tommy John Jake Delhomme, JIMMY CLAUSEN, RODNEY fuging PETE.

But I was also at the Green Bay game in 2011 to see Cam break the rookie record for passing Yards in a game; watching him heave a 65 yard bomb to Steve Smith off of one foot. I remember the crosser to Ginn against the Saints on 3rd down after going 0-fer the entire game and the stadium shaking after the touchdown later that drive. Beating the Patriots on Monday night football. An Asian guy in the stands in 2003 during the Detroit Lions game saying "We going to HOUSTON" in a stereotypical asian-american accent (don't flame me, the guy have immigrated here and was excited). Sure as poo, we went to Houston. The Vikings game when Culpepper tore his ACL and Smitty made Fred Smoot his bitch, even going so far as to row the boat.

I'm not going any fuging where. You want to go? Go. No one will miss your negative ass. 

We went through 6 straight non winning seasons before the 2003 super bowl season/2005 NFC championship and then four more before 4 out of 5 years in the playoffs/the 2015 super bowl run. The ebbs and flows are nothing new to this franchise (and  most of the league for that matter).

I’m not going to jump ship just because the new owner had a swing and miss on the first head coach he hired. 

Edited by X-Clown

Omg this forum is full of bunch of fuging crybabies. If this forum would have had its way we would have drafted blaine gabbert and dontari poe( because he looked so good in the combine). Shut up. 

Ive been In this forum for 10 years and the level of dip shittery is at an all time high. You guys actually want to blow up the team after year two which really should be year one because of covid because coach didnt already win two superbowls. Make it make sense. 

Either be a fan of this team or not i dont care cause im not going anywhere. Good teams build and bad teams fire coaches too soon because he didnt win it all immediately. 

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Gipetto said:

Omg this forum is full of bunch of fuging crybabies. If this forum would have had its way we would have drafted blaine gabbert and dontari poe( because he looked so good in the combine). Shut up. 

Ive been In this forum for 10 years and the level of dip shittery is at an all time high. You guys actually want to blow up the team after year two which really should be year one because of covid because coach didnt already win two superbowls. Make it make sense. 

Either be a fan of this team or not i dont care cause im not going anywhere. Good teams build and bad teams fire coaches too soon because he didnt win it all immediately. 

I don’t blame people for not being thrilled about Rhule so far. What I do think is bonkers is the people who are already demanding that tepper sell the team or spending energy trying to prove that the panthers are his side piece for his real goal of having a pro soccer team. 

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

I’ve been around longer than you asshole 

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, hepcat said:

How many more losing seasons could you endure before this team isn’t even worth your time anymore?

There isn’t any hope for the Panthers being a contender any time soon. We are all exhausted watching this trash team flounder its way to 5 wins every year. 

I haven’t lived in Charlotte for 15 years. I’m losing interest in football in general as I think many Americans are for various reasons. The popularity of the sport is declining slow but sure. Even Tepper knows this and invested in an MLS team which is rapidly on the rise.

I am 70 years old, been a Panther fan since day 1. I keep hearing “rebuild,” some of us may not live to see another winning season. Hard facts, but you realize that time spent with family and other quality life moments are really more important. Tepper did hedge his bets, I truly think that one day his soccer team may be more valuable than his football team. I know it will not be in my lifetime. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

It was really difficult from 2011 onwards when the Panthers and Hurricanes in Raleigh both largely consecutively sucked for years on end.  So, currently I'm just focusing more on the Canes while they're good and hoping that train doesn't come to its stop any time soon.

The Panthers...both teams, to me, excel most when they're the plucky underdog.  We have a long road to hoe when it comes to resurrecting the Cardiac Cats persona.  Purrsona?  Whatever.

1 hour ago, Stuart Smith said:

I am 70 years old, been a Panther fan since day 1. I keep hearing “rebuild,” some of us may not live to see another winning season. Hard facts, but you realize that time spent with family and other quality life moments are really more important. Tepper did hedge his bets, I truly think that one day his soccer team may be more valuable than his football team. I know it will not be in my lifetime. 

Damn.  Respect for sticking with this team through everything you've endured.

1 hour ago, Gipetto said:

I get what you're saying, but holding serve with Rhule only makes sense if we were showing some signs of improvement at any level by this point in year two.

We are not.

There is clear regression and many suspect the players are giving up.

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, Gipetto said:

You don’t have to come in here at all, better yet leave. Bye

I'm not sure I'd care about the NFL if I didn't live here, honestly.  But I keep following this team.  But it's slowly becoming that "turn it on in the background while you're focusing on something else" season, or it's already there.  Then next season it'll be hard to not be like that again after hardly any improvement this season.  It's going to be really hard to develop a fan base like Browns or anything from decades past.  With the information and news at our finger tips we're more informed as fans and are less likely to just accept whatever.  Not to mention the NFL is quite a different beast in the Goodell era.   Mixed in with being a transplant city, no back to back winning seasons ever, etc.  It's going to take some real sustained success to build a crazy fanbase.