• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is TMJ sick or something? Don't be Shi.

top dawg

OK, I'll admit it, I've checked out a little bit during this holiday season, so I don't know WTF is going on with the team other than the need for better coaching, a QB and an O-line (as per usual). I don't know if they're on some list--sick or hurt--inactive or what. That being said, why can't we at least sprinkle in our rookie receivers for more than a cameo appearance during the game? I mean, I get Zystra makes a couple of good catches during the game, as well he should being a 3/4, but we know what this JAG brings to the table. TMJ has the upside of a 1 in this league based on his prototypical size and talent. Shi Smith has some play making ability, at least judged by the preseason, and seems like a very game athlete. So, why in the world, other than some likely ill-advised, "Riveran" philosophy or approach to personnel, are we not getting these receivers more playing time?

Edited by top dawg

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The depth chart decisions have been even more baffling than under Rivera. No one is developing. Everyone is regressing.

5 wins last year. If we end with 5 again,  that’s as much proof as you could possibly need to show zero progress. How the hell do you not do better with two full drafts/FA/off seasons?

Also the strength of schedule makes room for even one more win this season and it’s still a fail. Zero progress.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

5 wins last year. If we end with 5 again,  that’s as much proof as you could possibly need to show zero progress. How the hell do you not do better with two full drafts/FA/off seasons?

Also the strength of schedule makes room for even one more win this season and it’s still a fail. Zero progress.

.. and one more game being played. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The depth chart decisions have been even more baffling than under Rivera. No one is developing. Everyone is regressing.

Hell, even seasoned veterans have regressed. To me, that's about as clear of an indictment on the coaching staff more than anything else.

• Pie 2

There's absolutely no reason why after seeing the lack of offensive production, insane pressure rate and lack of moving the ball that our youngsters aren't trotted out the last three weeks. 

TMJ - WR3

Deonte Brown - RG

Brady Christensen - LT

I'd also like to see more of Taylor at CB since re-signing Jackson is a luxury that we can't afford. He was solid when called upon for a rookie earlier, but his snap counts have dwindled as Gilly's have gone up.