• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: Cam holding ball too long

UNCrules2187

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Well we were 3-0 so there was no point then.  He had 4 tds in the week 4 loss and then after that he definitely said multiple times they needed more from the QB and they couldnt win with qb play like that.  This is looking for drama for dramas sake.   Everyone wants to blame Rhule for everything (and he definitely deserves some of it) and Cam is a hometown hero and panthers darling.  No matter what anyone says or who's feelings get hurt hes still not the future at the position.   Hes the best panthers qb of all time but hes not that on the field now.

No one on here thinks Newton is the future   No one 

he is here because Rhule screwed up the present and the future at the most important position on the field two years running 

he has full personnel control   Players and coaches  this is self inflicted dog poo of his own making  

what part of that seems really hard for you to grasp 

He didn’t even have enough common sense to bring in a decent. backup. He kept  his temple butt buddy that would not start for any other nfl team. 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Flames 2

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Matt Rhule hasn't called out Cam Newton often since the QB returned, but he did on the fourth-and-1 incompletion from midfield with 2:05 left in the first quarter Sunday. "It's a zone-read play. It shouldn't be thrown. There's a bubble in there in case an unblocked blitzer comes. To my point, we had that guy blocked. That's just an error by the quarterback. It should be handoff, first down, or he pulls the ball. Only one guy over there. Just poor execution.''

11 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Well we were 3-0 so there was no point then.  He had 4 tds in the week 4 loss and then after that he definitely said multiple times they needed more from the QB and they couldnt win with qb play like that.  This is looking for drama for dramas sake.   Everyone wants to blame Rhule for everything (and he definitely deserves some of it) and Cam is a hometown hero and panthers darling.  No matter what anyone says or who's feelings get hurt hes still not the future at the position.   Hes the best panthers qb of all time but hes not that on the field now.

He went out of his way to single out a specific play.  Dick move by the head coach. 

14 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

No one on here thinks Newton is the future   No one 

he is here because Rhule screwed up the present and the future at the most important position on the field two years running 

he has full personnel control   Players and coaches  this is self inflicted dog poo of his own making  

what part of that seems really hard for you to grasp 

He didn’t even have enough common sense to bring in a decent. backup. He kept  his temple butt buddy that would not start for any other nfl team. 

I think there are a lot more huddlers than you realize who think he should be qb next season.

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I think there are a lot more huddlers than you realize who think he should be qb next season.

If they do it’s because Rhule gave away how many draft choices, passed on QBs and LTs two years running all to build a defense that allowed 31 points today but hey ‘Phil snow is such a professional’ 

Rhule did not leave this franchise many options going into next year.  

Rhule is going to get desperate as the season finishes.   Joe Brady was fired.  He is then going to finish 0-5 without Brady and a 7 game losing streak. 

That means Rhule is going to throw guys under the bus hard.   And it ain’t going to be his old roommate.

Watch him bench Cam.  Trash him publicly.  Probably go to PJ.  Then bring back Sam in for the last game.  

• Pie 1

You know what, coaching ability aside (he has none), I just don't Ike Matt Rhule as a person. He's a poor leader, two-faced, and an awful representative of the franchise. Other coaches have frustrated all of us with their on field results, but Rhule is legitimately the first one I look at and dislike as a man. I don't see how anyone can support this dude inside and outside of the building.

• Pie 6

7 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

You know what, coaching ability aside (he has none), I just don't Ike Matt Rhule as a person. He's a poor leader, two-faced, and an awful representative of the franchise. Other coaches have frustrated all of us with their on field results, but Rhule is legitimately the first one I look at and dislike as a man. I don't see how anyone can support this dude inside and outside of the building.

Yep, I particularly liked Daley saying ‘not my job’ on a sack to help,out the LT 

and Brown”s dig at the fans 

I don’t even remember  that under any of our coaches, ever