• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst coaching staff in Panthers history.

Zod

6 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

In retrospect, if Dave had to chose which one to fire first, it should have been Hurney.  Rivera should've been given a chance with another GM.  Especially knowing Rivera's best seasons as HC weren't with Marty.

It may not have worked out, but Rivera was never as bad as the clown show we have now.

This is correct.

16 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I guess everyone understands now why the Jets didn’t want Rhule. He wanted to bring his band of college buddies with him and they knew it would be a catastrophe.

Understand this; the circus we call the JETS knew hiring Rhule would backfire.

I thought it was the Giants and we beat them to the punch? Didn't even know the Jets were in the talks at the time. 

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I thought it was the Giants and we beat them to the punch? Didn't even know the Jets were in the talks at the time. 

Jets were interested in Rhule a prior offseason.  

Nothing came of it because Rhule wanted to bring a college staff.  And even the Jets thought that was too bad of an idea 

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

In retrospect, if Dave had to chose which one to fire first, it should have been Hurney.  Rivera should've been given a chance with another GM.  Especially knowing Rivera's best seasons as HC weren't with Marty.

It may not have worked out, but Rivera was never as bad as the clown show we have now.

I liked Rivera outside of his love for Vets over the best player.  Hurney was more of the problem and his love for hidden offensive line gems from Division II teams.

Fitterer and Rivera would be an interesting combo.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Jets were interested in Rhule a prior offseason.  

Nothing came of it because Rhule wanted to bring a college staff.  And even the Jets thought that was too bad of an idea 

Eh, it's not that simple.  NYJ wanted to pick the coaches coordinators or have a very strong hand in it...  NY Post reported that Bill Parcells told Rhule not to take a job where he didn't have final say in his OC and DC.  Which makes sense.  Rhule is bad but so are the Jets.  The problem isn't a HC picking their coordinators it's Rhule not being the coach people hoped.