• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After 3 games (all wins) what was your opinion on...

SizzleBuzz

5 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

At the time I think I said I was cautiously optimistic but needed to see more before forming an opinion.  

And then Sam gave me the more I needed…

Dave Sucks GIF by Barstool Sports

Basically me. Did not believe in him at all, saw some of the warts still being present but was cautiously optimistic. Then regular edition Sam played the rest of the year.

• Beer 1

I was concerned that the Panthers defense was undersized, fast and strategic but had not faced a team yet with a powerful running game.

I figured the offense was well so so at best but the defense would have to keep games close enough for them to win some more but they were the worst 3-0 team I've seen early in the season....

As soon as the defense faced a team with a power running game (one where all the starters were intact) they got punched in the mouth and became swiss cheese and I felt my prediction of 6 wins this year would hold true.  

• Beer 1

Offense looked like one with potential to be tops in the league. We would just have one inconsistent quarter.

Sam was making reads quick and standing in there taking hits and still delivering strikes. 

DJ was looking like a problem. 

Even after our 4th game against Dallas with the back to back picks I thought we still had something. Refs clearly had it out for us and they still battled back and made it a one score game with a chance for the D to get a stop and get the ball back. 

Then it all unraveled so fast. CMC got hurt, the offense went vanilla, opposing defenses learned we run 3 routes a a game and they could squat on them, WRs forgot how to catch and the Oline turned into what we all knew it would. Sam quickly turned back into Sam sometime during that stretch of games against garbage teams with losing records and then it all comes clear... we are one of those garbage teams too. 

Edited by SteveSmithTD89
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Offense looked like one with potential to be tops in the league. We would just have one inconsistent quarter.

Sam was making reads quick and standing in there taking hits and still delivering strikes. 

DJ was looking like a problem. 

Even after our 4th game against Dallas with the back to back picks I thought we still had something. Refs clearly had it out for us and they still battled back and made it a one score game with a chance for the D to get a stop and get the ball back. 

Then it all unraveled so fast. CMC got hurt, the offense went vanilla, opposing defenses learned we run 3 routes a a game and they could squat on them, WRs forgot how to catch and the Oline turned into what we all knew it would. Sam quickly turned back into Sam sometime during that stretch of games against garbage teams with losing records and then it all comes clear... we are one of those garbage teams too. 

Sam was still missing a lot of open guys in those first three games. He was playing well enough to win, so that got lost in the shuffle. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1