• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could the Panthers beat Alabama?

Carl Spackler

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Playing devils advocate, the closest thing that we’ve seen to this was when a bunch of children from the USA beat arguably the best hockey team of all time (USSR).

So while it’s unlikely that we’d lose, there’s always the chance.

And while yes the sports are different, the premise is still the same. The USSR was bigger, faster, and had more experience… but for that one game it didn’t matter.

I still think that we’d beat Bama by 35+ points 99/100 times.

The closest thing we've seen is actual college teams playing actual NFL teams. See my quote earlier, and someones response and video. NFL dominated mostly ... but did lose here and there. I'll assume they didn't play starters.

38 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The closest thing we've seen is actual college teams playing actual NFL teams. See my quote earlier, and someones response and video. NFL dominated mostly ... but did lose here and there. I'll assume they didn't play starters.

It was college all stars vs the NFL champs. I vaguely remember watching the last one.  Steelers dominated. And yeah, as the years went by and the NFL got closer to what it is today, they began to dominate more and more.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

43 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Eh, it’s not really the same in my opinion.

The college all-star teams had very little time to practice together and it wasn’t the best players, it was the best seniors. For all intents and purposes, those games were more or less just another preseason game for the the NFL team. Not to mention, it was college aged seniors who had never played together against the previous years NFL champion.

I’m looking for a specific example where college aged kids were a part of an actual team that practiced together, played together, and took on a team full of professional players with something at stake. It would be even more helpful if it was a good college team against a poor professional team to really gauge the outcome.

I don’t think that’s ever happened in any sport and the game I mentioned was the closest I could think of to meet those parameters.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

It would be no contest - the pro team would win.

NFL players would be bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced than the college guys.   More skilled.  Almost every pro was all conference in college and has done nothing but workout and practice or play the sport 12 months a year since graduation.   The NFL teams would also have much more sophisticated offensive and defensive schemes.   Even better kickers.   Just better at everything.

We would win easily.  Our D would overwhelm Bama. 

I think when you watched the highlight tape.  Bama would have a few downs where their D on a occasion won downs vs our offense.  The OL is that weak and Bama has  enough soon to be NFL talent.  And as stated above, Bama has the edge in coaching. 

9 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

It would be no contest - the pro team would win.

NFL players would be bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced than the college guys.   More skilled.  Almost every pro was all conference in college and has done nothing but workout and practice or play the sport 12 months a year since graduation.   The NFL teams would also have much more sophisticated offensive and defensive schemes.   Even better kickers.   Just better at everything.

Matt Rhule’s staff doesn’t have more sophisticated game planning and scheming vs Bama.   I agree with most NFL teams there would be a massive difference though.   It’s like if Bama’s staff all went to the pros….they suddenly don’t get a bump as more sophisticated because of the new job titles. 

that’s the main problem with our O.  Rhule’s staff can’t gameplan and scheme at this level IMO. 

• Pie 1