• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade down, best QB available and the rest Oline..

Jmac

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

IMO we tank next year. Trade off our assets, trade back in the draft to acquire future picks, let Rhule run this team to an 0-17 record, then cut ties. 

Start fresh with a new coach, loaded draft capital and a shiny new training facility. Time to burn it down so we can build it back up.  May have to say goodbye to some fan favorite players and fans in the mean time, but winning will bring fans back. 

Sorry kid, but no team, player, owner, coach will EVER "tank" on purpose....... these are people with jobs!! They are not there to please "SB hungry" fans. Most of them will move on in a year and start making money at (and for) for another employer........  Why is that so difficult to understand.

1 hour ago, philit99 said:

Folks don’t realize it takes 2-4 years to get up to speed on the oline. Some players have to gain weight, some have to hit the weights. Even if you drafted all oline, you really would not see that bear fruit until the second season. We will have to mix up draft picks and veteran players. However, other than Moton and Christiansen everyone else can take a hike.

How is that any different than a rookie QB?

3 minutes ago, CardiacCat said:

Sorry kid, but no team, player, owner, coach will EVER "tank" on purpose....... these are people with jobs!! They are not there to please "SB hungry" fans. Most of them will move on in a year and start making money at (and for) for another employer........  Why is that so difficult to understand.

We don’t have to tank we’re just that bad

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

IMO we tank next year. Trade off our assets, trade back in the draft to acquire future picks, let Rhule run this team to an 0-17 record, then cut ties. 

Start fresh with a new coach, loaded draft capital and a shiny new training facility. Time to burn it down so we can build it back up.  May have to say goodbye to some fan favorite players and fans in the mean time, but winning will bring fans back. 

This take is ridiculous. We have a legit defense and excellent offensive weapons. 
we don’t have enough data to know if Darnold can be the answer - but he is better than Cam at this point.

this is a good year in both FA and the draft for OL help. Invest there. We might be a year away from respectability and two from the playoffs.

Get rid of Rhule and that whole process starts over. New Coordinators. New personnel. And you waste the areas where this team is good. Not a smart plan

In another similar situation, I would agree that this is the blueprint to fix our woes...

But truth is, it won't.  Not as long as Rhule is here.  The offense is so broken and the philosophy is so arcane, you literally could trade for Aaron Rodgers, and draft all starter-caliber players on the OL, and unless they give Rodgers full autonomy and power of the offense and playcalls, we would still manage to win only about 5 games a season as long as Rhule is here.

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I wasnt busting on you just trying to reinforce my desire to finally pick a tackle in the top 10 for once in a decade.  And yes I have been screaming that we need to build the line organically through the draft so they can develop together. 

It amazes me that so many NFL teams devalue the tackle position. I suppose most of those GM's think that the position doesn't match the intrinsic value? After all Tackles are getting paid!! I suppose if you have a franchise QB in the backfield one would think that you would protect that, but alas not every GM, they want to spend that money elsewhere. Rookie contracts are cheap, but based on where they are drafted they can still be high. Draft position is becoming more about actual field position based on rookie contracts. ex. Would you draft a RB in todays game at number 1?

1 hour ago, J.B. said:

This take is ridiculous. We have a legit defense and excellent offensive weapons. 
we don’t have enough data to know if Darnold can be the answer - but he is better than Cam at this point.

this is a good year in both FA and the draft for OL help. Invest there. We might be a year away from respectability and two from the playoffs.

Get rid of Rhule and that whole process starts over. New Coordinators. New personnel. And you waste the areas where this team is good. Not a smart plan

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

So his struggles with a CLEAN pocket aren't enough data? 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, J.B. said:

Our defense isnt that good and what "excellent offensive weapons" are you referring to?

1 hour ago, philit99 said:

It amazes me that so many NFL teams devalue the tackle position. I suppose most of those GM's think that the position doesn't match the intrinsic value? After all Tackles are getting paid!! I suppose if you have a franchise QB in the backfield one would think that you would protect that, but alas not every GM, they want to spend that money elsewhere. Rookie contracts are cheap, but based on where they are drafted they can still be high. Draft position is becoming more about actual field position based on rookie contracts. ex. Would you draft a RB in todays game at number 1?

Not drafting a LT for Cam in his entire career here is borderline criminal.  Its insanity at its peak.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, philit99 said:

Folks don’t realize it takes 2-4 years to get up to speed on the oline. Some players have to gain weight, some have to hit the weights. Even if you drafted all oline, you really would not see that bear fruit until the second season. We will have to mix up draft picks and veteran players. However, other than Moton and Christiansen everyone else can take a hike.

I don’t agree with this, Slater, Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith all look like vets this year and were 1st, 2nd and 6th round picks.