• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank the 2022 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The center is being talked about the same way they talked about Nelson.  He literally changed their line over night. 

They’re calling him the best center prospect in forever. It would help us tremendously to have 1 stud somewhere on the line like Nelson did for the Colts. I think it’s adorable that people on here think we can find a trade partner to move back in the 1st and he’ll still fall in our laps. 

• Pie 4

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm not sure how the QBs should be ranked since they all have flaws or a lack of experience but trading back and passing on elite level talent would be dumb. If you want more picks, trade a player like DJ Moore, who the team might not be able to resign anyway.

If I'm DJ I'm refusing to re-sign until there's clarification on our coaching and QB situations.

• Pie 2

I would accept OL with our first pick. But what folks need to consider is if we see another team or a division rival for that matter take a young QB and begin anew while we once again pass and start the likes of Darnold or some other low end backup there's going to be buyers remorse by the end of the year. I think all options should be on the table to aquire more assets and improve this offense even if it means a popular player may no longer be here.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Gifted how? He doesn't seem to have a great arm.

Seriously?

Dude drops dimes fading away off his back foot 50 yards down field. He’s got a ton of arm strength  

Willis is this years Lance in my opinion. Has all the tools but like Rum said, he definitely needs to sit a year and be developed 

Edited by *FreeFua*

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Put them in order 1-5 and then say which guys you’d be comfortable spending a top 10 pick on

Malik Willis, Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, Kenny Pickett, Matt Corral, Carson Strong

Good Thread.   Finally someone starts a thread that is more than bitching.

1.  Kenny Pickett.  Although he threw a lot of interceptions before this season, he is still a gunslinger with no mobility; his short and long accuracy, however, was solid this year.  He has good height and a lot of experience, which I think will help him transition more quickly.  Finally, he wins games, evidenced by Pitt's success this year.

2.  Matt Corral.  Although he scares me on the next level, his athleticism is what the new NFL seems to want in a QB.  Most of his passes (52%) were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and his accuracy beyond that was suspect.

3.  Sam Howell.  He has the athleticism to run and has accuracy.  Average arm strength.  Was very accurate in the short passing game, had some issues this year (with lesser WRs) in the longer passes.  I think he will be better than advertised, but not a star.  However, PFF compares his profile to Lamarr Jackson, something that surprised me, due to his run/pass threat that emerged this season.

4.  Malik Willis.  Much of what I see is based on his confidence in his physical ability to make a play, even when a play is not to be made.  In the NFL, you can't throw a pass into a tight window with regular success and holding onto the ball too long will end your career.  As a running QB, he will be one of the best; as a passing QB, he will need much more discipline and coaching in his mechanics.

5.  Carson Strong.  The injury concern is strong in my assessment of him, but I put that aside to look at his long ball accuracy.  We have some long ball threats (Anderson, Smith, Moore) so he could be a good match.  He has excellent to good success on short and longer throws.  I think he needs a year or two to develop, and may never be more than a serviceable backup.

6. Desmond Ridder.  Ridder had a big, stud OL and was rarely challenged with extensive pressure.  His short accuracy was solid, but when he had to get yards downfield, he was below average.  That was a red flag for me--a QB with time should be able to succeed on every level.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2