• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An extra drizzle of interesting quotes from todays Person Article:

WarPanthers89

“(Rhule) can say toughness in his mind, but they’re not oozing toughness on the field,” the scout said. “They’re soft. They’re a really soft football team. I don’t see the defense stopping anybody where it’s a 14-13 score. That’s tough football.”

Been saying this all year. These guys are soft compared to past teams, especially on the OL and defense. I think Chris Gamble was meaner than half of them and he was a passive dude.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

A few eye opening quotes from the Joe Person article in The Athletic this morning for you miserable fugs to enjoy: 

-But the three-month collapse after a 3-0 start has tested everyone’s patience, with one Panthers source characterizing the team’s regression in Rhule’s second season as “a clusterfug.”

-Many of the 20-plus players, staffers, team and league sources interviewed for this story believe the same attributes that made Rhule a successful college coach are undermining his efforts in the NFL.

They say Rhule — like a lot of ex-college coaches used to controlling every facet of the program — has the tendency to micromanage “everything that touches football,” as one source put it.

-“The defense is starting to wear down,” said a longtime NFC personnel executive. “They don’t have a lot of size on defense, which is starting to show late in the year.”

The Panthers have allowed 30.4 points during their current five-game losing streak. Only the Steelers (31.0 ppg) and the Chargers (30.5) have allowed more points since Week 10. 

-Another veteran scout said it’s tough to say what the Panthers’ identity is, but it’s not toughness.

“(Rhule) can say toughness in his mind, but they’re not oozing toughness on the field,” the scout said. “They’re soft. They’re a really soft football team. I don’t see the defense stopping anybody where it’s a 14-13 score. That’s tough football.”

-There’s also the feeling among league sources that Rhule keeps too many of his former college players, which can affect his credibility in the locker room. An agent who represents multiple Panthers’ players called Carolina “less meritocratic” than any team he deals with, adding the Panthers have Temple and Baylor players who wouldn’t make a roster anywhere else in the league.

-Sources also say Rhule sometimes gets concerned with seemingly trivial matters, pointing to one week when Rhule was upset when a player signed an autograph before a game.

5BE848F2-FED5-4C40-BF28-EDC4DD4E2226.jpeg

So the article says basically the same things we have all said for the last 18mths.

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Disclaimer: this article did have positive quotes about Rhule from currently players, but I tend to focus on the negative because I’m disgusted with Rhule and the team

There is some balance in it, but the overall picture that the article paints is bad...real bad.

(and it deserves to be)

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2