• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport says Rhule will be retained “barring some unforeseen circumstance”

Dorian Gray

23 minutes ago, Kraybrothers said:

Will you be saying this if we sign Aaron Rodgers?

Actually yes. It wouldn't matter if we had Tom Brady in his prime. Matt Rhule has no freaking idea what he is doing as an NFL head coach. Until he's gone, other than for fantasy football, I won't give 2 flying fugs about what happens to the Panthers organization. They deserve all of it for keeping him. Even Marty Hurney was easier to tolerate than this poo show. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

40 minutes ago, Kraybrothers said:

Will you be saying this if we sign Aaron Rodgers?

The only remote chance you might have at Aaron Rodgers would be to replace Rhule with Nathaniel Hackett, and even then I wouldn't bet on it.

If anything, I'd say keeping Rhule ups the chance that we draft a quarterback with our top pick. Guys like Rodgers, Watson and Wilson aren't going to play for a lame duck who's been a disaster so far.

Hell, what free agent worth their salt at any position is gonna want to sign here?

• Pie 2

And now, "Deep Thoughts" from MHS:

This strongly suggests that we are going to have a NEW QB next season.

This strongly suggests that we are going to have a NEW VETERAN QB next season (due to the urgency / finality of the situation

This strongly suggests that we will have to trade for the QB (because no legit veteran on the market would come here (I think Watson and Wilson have already stated that they do not want Carolina to be their next destination.  Garrappolo trade?  Maybe. Trubiski signing as a free agent?  Perhaps)

This strongly suggests that the focus of the offseason will be on offense, meaning that we may not re-sign some defensive free agents.

This strongly suggests that we will trade back in the draft to acquire 2 OL because the OL was exposed (G, C, and RT) and one upgrade will not get the job done. 

This could also strongly suggest that Rappaport has no idea and is speculating based on the tea leaves he is reading.  I personally think Rhule is gone if he loses the last 2 games.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2