• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Antonio Brown

Mr. Scot

While Breer is right, some of that stuff may have been there already, I feel a lot of that behavior wasn't.  I've read anecdotal things from people who lived in Pittsburgh and knew/interacted with AB, and they said there was a clear shift in his demeanor and person after the Burfict hit.  I dont know what he was like before it, but I know from the interviews I've seen and just general interactions since, he definitely appears to be mentally ill.  Like talking to someone and you know they're aren't processing what you're saying.  He seems obtuse and tbh, like when you'd see his interactions on hard knocks, regardless of editing, the conversations were almost painful.  

Not to excuse him of responsibility for his own actions, but he just does not seem well at all.  I also have seen some national pundits parallel the shift in AB's behavior to that of Vincent Jackson's, and VJ was universally loved throughout his life, but his behavior took an erratic and sharp turn after he retired relatively young.

• Pie 1

Truth is AB's behavior has been so bizarre (I want to say lately here but it's been so long that it's not really "lately" any longer) that I don't believe he's healthy in his head at all.  I don't have a high enough opinion of my non-existant medical skills to say what caused it, or even if I'm really right because we don't really KNOW these guys, but it feels like it would be sily to discount what (from an outsider's perspective) looks like a drastic shift in behavior after he got his head nearly taken off by that dirty SOB Burfict.  Maybe that hit didn't do it, we'll never really know.  Maybe he's always been barely holding it together and he got scrambled just bad enough to put him over the proverbial edge.

Whatever the case I think he very clearly needs help and I hope he gets it.  He'll face consequences for his actions whether he does or not, and I don't believe the man should be given a pass here, but I also really don't want to read about some tragic end for AB in a few years.

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I believe his NFL career is officially over.

No reason to risk your playoff life on s guy that may quit mid-game.

We all thought this years ago... There are teams out there that will do anything to win, including betting on Brown behaving just well enough and contributing enough for a month or so to help bring them a SB, and they will view the risk as worth it/think they can handle him despite other teams not being able to. 

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

We all thought this years ago... There are teams out there that will do anything to win, including betting on Brown behaving just well enough and contributing enough for a month or so to help bring them a SB, and they will view the risk as worth it/think they can handle him despite other teams not being able to. 

It only goes so far.

There came a time when teams gave up on Terrell Owens too.

10 minutes ago, t96 said:

Guys like TO got multiple chances because they still played hard. Brown literally rage quit during a game. He is done. His off the field antics are now on the field. No team will want that at this point of the season.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Guys like TO got multiple chances because they still played hard. Brown literally rage quit during a game. He is done. His off the field antics are now on the field. No team will want that at this point of the season.

There it is. You can’t walk off and just quit during a game. Not to mention, make a spectacle of yourself while doing it. He’s done. Here had more 2 nd chances than he ever should have. And he just spit in the face of the folks who gave him the last one. He released a rap song, YESTERDAY!!!! And his only comments have been about it, not what he did. 

Don’t know what sources Skip Bayless has….but he claims another version of events.  It does match up with the video of him and Brady talking before he walked off. 

AB ran his mouth about Tom throwing to Gronk.  Brady got annoyed and was like…yeah, I’m going back to Gronk.  And that set him off. 

whatever it was I am sure it wasn’t about whatever singular thing occurred on the field 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Don’t know what sources Skip Bayless has….but he claims another version of events.  It does match up with the video of him and Brady talking before he walked off. 

AB ran his mouth about Tom throwing to Gronk.  Brady got annoyed and was like…yeah, I’m going back to Gronk.  And that set him off. 

whatever it was I am sure it wasn’t about whatever singular thing occurred on the field 

He is done.

Ending New Year GIF by Looney Tunes

3 hours ago, countryboi said:

Its two sides to every story

I'll be very interested to see what, if anything, comes out further about this report right here.  If he just up and quit on his team in the middle of a game, in that way, he's done, 100%, no team will ever give him a chance again.

But if Arians literally said something to him about him being cut while still on the sidelines, then that changes everything.  To be honest, I'm a bit of a hothead myself, and if I was in that situation and I felt I wasn't healthy enough to properly play and my coach then cut me on the sideline, odds are I might have done exactly what he did there.

And if more comes out to support that story, I could very well see a WR needy team like KC or GB signing him to their practice squad before the playoffs and seeing if they think they can get him to keep his act together for a month for a SB run.

But if not, and he really just quit on them, he officially retired yesterday.

It honestly makes me cringe when I see people all over TV saying he has mental issues which don’t get me wrong he may have them  but I rather a professional diagnose him. I just think people throw that term out a lot . Mental issues is a broad term and when people just throw it out like that , it’s worrisome.  I seen people use the term just because they didn’t like someone’s attitude. Now he has showed out a lot but what if that’s really the person he is . If he needs help , I really hope he gets it . I knew people who suffered from alot of different complex mental issues and they can be helped. If that’s the case, I hope he gets help. Sorry if text is choppy , 

• Beer 1