• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News for Deonte Brown fans

Mr. Scot

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

I died on the Bell was decent as RT hill, no comment on his LT play....

Do you remember the guards for that unit? I know old Kalil was manning the C spot.... was Gary Williams one of them??....also a player that last name started with a V(veslcoguygyg??) is my next guess..

I dont want to cheat...

I'm pretty sure that was Turner + Norwell's rookie seasons

What if Brown is sucking at practice is the reason he's not playing? If they put him out there, he'll be worse than what's out there, what if? IDK the answer but if the kid hasn't shown a solid glimpse in practice does he deserve to get a shot to just please the fans? 

1 minute ago, musicman said:

What if Brown is sucking at practice is the reason he's not playing? If they put him out there, he'll be worse than what's out there, what if? IDK the answer but if the kid hasn't shown a solid glimpse in practice does he deserve to get a shot to just please the fans? 

I think the point is that people don't trust Rhule's opinion regarding anything.  If he sucks, then he is helping the tanking process.  If he's great, then we've plugged another hole in the line.  Win / Win.

• Pie 3

11 hours ago, Icege said:

I'm pretty sure that was Turner + Norwell's rookie seasons

I remember Norwell taking 1.58 years to reach the god-level status, then became highest paid OG in history. I member him being on the PS for the beginning of his rookie year as well. Seems I got to cheat and look it up.

Turner was day 1 starter and he was a bad-ass til the first pay day/FCox became his daddy. 

Plus the main reason for starting Chandler and Bell, was cause of the pure cap hell that marty meatball leftd. Dave truly had no choice and had to play the 2 7 off-suit.

God dam do I miss prime norwell... I maybe wrong about norwell taking 1.58 years to become thee legend. Still he was on the PS, just think at one point in time the leagues best LG was once available for free and 31 teams passed. 

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

I think the point is that people don't trust Rhule's opinion regarding anything.  If he sucks, then he is helping the tanking process.  If he's great, then we've plugged another hole in the line.  Win / Win.

If Rhules comes back, 100% he needs to lose most if not ALL the roster building power. 300% he needs to lose any QB selecting power. 

NO GOING ALL OUT TO SAVE YOUR 2022 SEASON BY USING FUTURE ASSETS AND DROPPING TALENTED ROOKIES FOR 'MEH" VETs, etc etc etc. Fitts needs full control and needs BOTH eyes on the future panthers season as well as the 2022 one. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

I remember Norwell taking 1.58 years to reach the god-level status, then became highest paid OG in history. I member him being on the PS for the beginning of his rookie year as well. Seems I got to cheat and look it up.

Turner was day 1 starter and he was a bad-ass til the first pay day/FCox became his daddy. 

Plus the main reason for starting Chandler and Bell, was cause of the pure cap hell that marty meatball leftd. Dave truly had no choice and had to play the 2 7 off-suit.

God dam do I miss prime norwell... I maybe wrong about norwell taking 1.58 years to become thee legend. Still he was on the PS, just think at one point in time the leagues best LG was once available for free and 31 teams passed. 

The fact that Norwell became the highest paid guard as an LG after going undrafted while being thought of as strictly an RG due to his speed is one of my favouritest Panthers' glow ups ever.

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1

You know I was told by people on this very forum that the rookie o linemen would be starting by middle of the season over the trash we picked up in free agency.  I swear i have been all out of emotion for this team weeks ago. This off season just needs to get here so changes can be made and it better not be not one questionable move or im blowing gaskets left and right. 

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Icege said:

The fact that Norwell became the highest paid guard as an LG after going undrafted while being thought of as strictly an RG due to his speed is one of my favouritest Panthers' glow ups ever.

I think the Panthers would love to have kept Norwell but felt like they had to choose between him and Trai Turner.

One thing history tells us clearly is that when it comes to choices like this, the Panthers pretty consistently make the wrong one.

• Pie 1