• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OC Targets: O’Brien, Jay Gruden

BIGH2001

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

If Rhule was promised at least 3 years, he shouldn't have pulled the blame the OC card so soon.

Well I’m sure it was 3 assuming there is no meltdown. A meltdown was happening so he threw away his guy Brady to save himself that final year. That’s just my thought though, no source or anything. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

If they’re trying to trade for Watson do they really think bill o’ Brien is a good idea?

Watson won’t waive his no-trade clause to come here. It’s adorable that Rhule and Tepper think we have a chance but Watson doesn’t want to play here. 

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Watson does NOT want to play for Carolina. Just like Stafford…lol. We are the joke of the league.

2 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Watson won’t waive his no-trade clause to come here. It’s adorable that Rhule and Tepper think we have a chance but Watson doesn’t want to play here. 

Yes I know this im talking about how stupid this org is that they’re going after him and at the same time reaching out to bill o. Just a clown show franchise.

28 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The NFL wanting Tepper in the old boys' club at all costs wasn't a good sign. I don't know if Tepper will care if the stands or empty or filled with opposing fans. Opposing fans means he's making money. Empty stands may make him start looking at moving the team so he can get his new stadium.

This take is incorrect on so many levels I’m not sure if serious or not

1 hour ago, Verge said:

Clown franchise atm

There is a pretty simple reason as to why they may want to come to work for a “lame” duck coach.

Perhaps he is not a lame duck after all and Tepper plans in retaining him for at least the next two to three years? This would allow the team to pursue an OC and assure them that this is not a one year deal.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

These sound like someone other than Matt Rhule's idea.

For O'Connell, this would be a lateral move since he's already an OC. He'd have to be out of contract or have permission. Either way going from the Rams to the Panthers with no advancement sounds weird.

Could they be being told it might turn into a head coaching job? Not by Rhule but yeah. That'd leave you with a staff full of Rhule loyalists though (not so sure that works).

Maybe Fhule sees this and says damn I want out. Please get pissed and leave Fhule!

17 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

Rhule isn’t being fired because Tepper paid him too much 

These are the facts. Tepper is pretty much handcuffed to Rhule for at least another season. It’s worth the rice roll to see if he can turn it around before he eats the rest of that contract.

8 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

There is a pretty simple reason as to why they may want to come to work for a “lame” duck coach.

Perhaps he is not a lame duck after all and Tepper plans in retaining him for at least the next two to three years? This would allow the team to pursue an OC and assure them that this is not a one year deal.

Not only that, but Gruden is out the door anyways due to the regime change.  And O’Brian may simply want back in the NFL.