• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This can be a playoff team next year if we bring Cam back......

tukafan21

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That's stating a fact not blaming him

This gotta be top 5 dumbest post 

why the hell else would it clearly state cam is 0-13 in his last 13 starts as a panther if it wasn’t specifically blaming him, notice how his wins for the pats aren’t present in said stat.

it’s like I’m talking to Matt Rhule jr

5 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

why the hell else would it clearly state cam is 0-13 in his last 13 starts as a panther if it wasn’t specifically blaming him, notice how his wins for the pats aren’t present in said stat.

"This gotta be top 5 dumbest post"

ummmmm.........

20 hours ago, Shaqil915 said:

Lol Rhule actually gaslit people into thinking Darnold is a better QB then Cam. Backing up an actual good QB like Mahomes would be one thing, but come back to be gadget guy for Sam Darnold?

If Cam's cheap I'd love to him back to "compete" with Darnold for the starting job, but considering Rhule believes Darnold has the same chances of converting a 4th and inches as one of the greatest short yardage gainers of all time, I doubt he'd get a fair shake.

Truly insane how a guy whose done nothing in 4 years repeatedly gets chances to prove himself, when a former RoY, MVP can't even get a full off season and a fraction of the same support to show he can still play.

This is what am I saying. What does Sam bring to the table in a 2 QB system? We're going to sacrifice all momentum so we can sub in a marginally better passer? 

• Beer 1

In more recent times Cam had a losing record with New England was cut and sat at home with no phone ringing until this dumpster fire organization called him back............

Last I check that NE team after Cam is gone is now in the playoffs............seemed like Cam didn't help them get there before............why could he do the same here with a team far worse than NE? 

Look.........Willie Mays was one of the greatest all around baseball players ever but near the end of his career when he played for the Mets it was embarrassing........the fact remains that time waits for no one........and all glory is fleeting.

Just like Jake before him............Cam's glory with the Panthers is in the past now.

Pro Football is a hard task master and the more physical a QB is the shorter the career no matter how bright that running flame was in the past. 

Watch Josh Allen QB of the Bills.......if he continues to take the running risks he does he will have great moments but a shorter time playing like that........

Edited by PghPanther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yea. And he had an entire year in between where he almost took the pats to the playoffs. 

That cam Newton starts for the panthers stay line is so disingenuous. 

• Flames 1

The Cam Newton win/loss the last however many starts is just fodder for the same knuckledraggers as before. The crazy thing is we could have just kept him in place the last two seasons and had similar results while making the roster better and ready for the next guy and kept draft picks. But we didn't do that we put all our chips in on another teams already chewed up and spit back out draft failure. Just brutal.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I think Flores with our talent on defense would be a playoff team. If he hires a good OC, we could get dangerous in a year or two. Tua wasn’t anything special this year, had a terrible OL like us and I feel like we have more talent on defense/overall than that Dolphins team. 

They have a starting caliber QB, though. I would posit Panthers + Tua = wildcard. 

3 hours ago, ickmule said:

Please stop this nonsense.... Cam is no longer deadly at any spot on the field. 

Cam is still very effective in the redzone, where the need to challenge deep isn't an issue and his evasive ability can turn any play into a TD.  Its why every trip we made into the red zone other than 1 by PJ resulted in a TD in Cam's first 5 games.  But we struggled to move the ball outside of the redzone.  In the last 3 games we had like 8 trips to the redzone and 2 TDs in those trips (we had other TDs outside the redzone).  

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m not agreeing with op but going as far as he’s done etc I’m not going that far, team was trash, team has been trash under Rhule.

bridgewater before his injury was playing well compared to here last year 

Sam posted arguable his worst season as a nfl starter 

the 0-13 stat gets thrown out a lot around here with no context, in 7-9 of those games Newton posted good numbers. Point is the focus is on Newton not being adequate instead of the team in general isn’t adequate, fix the team then we can worry about getting a qb, Sam,cam, Teddy etc haven’t been put in a position to succeed and it’s evident 

Bridgewater's QB rating in Denver (94.9) was pretty darn close to his in Carolina (92.1). And his QBR was way better (56.8 vs. 47.7) he was a far more impactful rusher in Carolina than in NO or Denver. 

Darnold's stats were right on top of those in his final Jets season.

I agree that Newton isn't the only issue on that 0-13 stat. I'm just saying 1) the other QBs didn't really regress all that much and 2) thus, you can't throw it all on Rhule, the team, etc., especially given that Cam didn't exactly light up NE with an all-time coach. 

1 minute ago, Borat said:

Bridgewater's QB rating in Denver (94.9) was pretty darn close to his in Carolina (92.1). And his QBR was way better (56.8 vs. 47.7) he was a far more impactful rusher in Carolina than in NO or Denver. 

Darnold's stats were right on top of those in his final Jets season.

I agree that Newton isn't the only issue on that 0-13 stat. I'm just saying 1) the other QBs didn't really regress all that much and 2) thus, you can't throw it all on Rhule, the team, etc., especially given that Cam didn't exactly light up NE with an all-time coach. 

If Cam still had it then he wouldnt have been sitting at home midseason until the panthers came calling

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, PghPanther said:

In more recent times Cam had a losing record with New England was cut and sat at home with no phone ringing until this dumpster fire organization called him back............

Last I check that NE team after Cam is gone is now in the playoffs............seemed like Cam didn't help them get there before............why could he do the same here with a team far worse than NE? 

Look.........Willie Mays was one of the greatest all around baseball players ever but near the end of his career when he played for the Mets it was embarrassing........the fact remains that time waits for no one........and all glory is fleeting.

Just like Jake before him............Cam's glory with the Panthers is in the past now.

Pro Football is a hard task master and the more physical a QB is the shorter the career no matter how bright that running flame was in the past. 

Watch Josh Allen QB of the Bills.......if he continues to take the running risks he does he will have great moments but a shorter time playing like that........

Lol. Do you guys even think before posting crap like this?

Cam had Damiere Byrd as his #1 wr in NE. Who were NEs TEs again last year? Sure as fug wasn't Smith and Henry. NE also had the most covid opt outs of any team in 2020. They then spent the most money in FA in the HISTORY OF NE PATRIOTS IN 2021. Again do you people think? Do you even know anything about football? Cam had 3300 yards and 21 TDs for that team that would have won all but 3 games without him. Mac Jones had 3800 yards and 23 Tds with more weapons and 2 more games played AND A FULL OFFSEASON TO LEARN HIS TEAMMATES AND PLAYBOOK. CAM NEWTON HAD 5 WEEKS to learn the playbook IN NEW ENGLAND which is going to be about 5x harder than learning a Matt Rhule or Mike Shula playbook. Do some research or fug off with your low iq opinion, thanks!

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If Cam still had it then he wouldnt have been sitting at home midseason until the panthers came calling

Some fans cannot get it through their heads for whatever reason that Cam Newton, who was once a generation talent,  no longer has the skills to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Considering most NFL teams want a young QB on a cheap contract they can develop, Cam may have trouble finding a NFL team that will hire him to be a backup QB.

This is not based so much on Cam having  deminished skills but more on the way the modern day NFL works..