• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Game Thread

Zod

9 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I almost always pull for the underdog in the national champiomship game unless Clemson or a Carolina team would be playing,so i will be rooting for Georgia to upset Alabama..

But Bama is the underdog!  😁

I know where you are coming from though....I would have Bama as the favorite to win, but there's a reason I am not running a book in Vegas.

I think if Georgia makes the necessary defensive adjustments they can get more pressure on Young and make his life more difficult than they did in the SEC championship.  It's going to be tough though as they have to stop the run and make Young one dimensional and keep a spy on him.

Hope Georgia can do it!

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

UGA is a 3 point favorite.

Thanks for the heads up ladypanther, how dumb of me,one would think the #1 rated team would be favored over the # 3 rated team.

Serves me right for just assuming and shooting my mouth off before I checked. However,I still plan on rooting for Georgia.

("INDIANAPOLIS — No. 1 Alabama is a 3-point underdog against No. 3 Georgia heading into the College Football Playoff championship game at Lucas Oil Stadium on Monday ")

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

But Bama is the underdog!  😁

I know where you are coming from though....I would have Bama as the favorite to win, but there's a reason I am not running a book in Vegas.

I think if Georgia makes the necessary defensive adjustments they can get more pressure on Young and make his life more difficult than they did in the SEC championship.  It's going to be tough though as they have to stop the run and make Young one dimensional and keep a spy on him.

Hope Georgia can do it!

I think Bama’s game plan should be to intentionally be one dimensional to a degree.  

let the pass setup some running but screw trying to come out and run the football 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'm going to sound like a contrarian here but college football is what MLB used to be (and still might be at times) - the best teams have the biggest payrolls and the top rarely ever changes. How the hell is it even interesting at this point?

Look, Clemson and Ohio St aren’t  in the playoffs this year! Totally different.  And Bama missed that one time too.  Remember!  lol. 

But yeah, you right.   you can pretty much pick some variation of Bama, Clemson, Ohio St, random SEC team, Notre Dame and almost hit it every year.  OU obviously prior to the move and now just lump them into the random one year SEC rotation. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'm going to sound like a contrarian here but college football is what MLB used to be (and still might be at times) - the best teams have the biggest payrolls and the top rarely ever changes. How the hell is it even interesting at this point?

Honestly, I can't really disagree but I'm a football junkie.

In a good year, my Tar Heels will have 3-4 guys looking at getting drafted. Bama has 3-4 guys looking at getting drafted in the 1st ROUND most years.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Bama’s game plan should be to intentionally be one dimensional to a degree.  

let the pass setup some running but screw trying to come out and run the football 

They may very well do this - it would definitely apply pressure to Georgia's secondary.

With a team as talented as Alabama you are damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I can't really disagree but I'm a football junkie.

In a good year, my Tar Heels will have 3-4 guys looking at getting drafted. Bama has 3-4 guys looking at getting drafted in the 1st ROUND most years.

I'm die-hard NFL but have never been able to get into college sports, even growing up with (somewhat) local football programs like Nebraska in the 90s and K-State in the 2000s (Snyder and his cupcakes...) as well as KU basketball just down the road. I've tried to get interested but it all feels so fake/pointless and contrived.

Even in the heart of what used to be the voracious KU/MU rivalry I just never got it.

Anyway, this is the college thread so I'm the odd man out. Hopefully it's at least an entertaining game for everyone to watch.