• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s a two year plan now

unicar15

Tepper has to realize that because Rhule has zero NFL name he isn’t going to find a quality OC. Maybe if there was a promising QB here then he could lure someone. But with Ian Rapaport reporting we’re reaching out to cast offs from the Vikings and Hamilton has returned the call I don’t see this ending with a a savior type of OC. 

So what is the realistic plan? Because I doubt that without an OL, QB, or OC the miraculous “3rd year results” come to fruition.

The plan is a minimum of a two year plan to even compete for the playoffs. If Fitterer wants to be here long term he needs to stop with the “build AND win” plan bc you WILL NOT win without a QB and Rhule has poisoned the well when it comes to legit veterans. They aren’t gonna play for him. 

2022 Offseason:

1. Trade CMC. Please. Just do this. I wanted to trade him last offseason when it could have net the team probably multiple day 1&2 picks (realistically I think it would have been a 1, two 2s and a player). Now I’d be happy if we get a 1 or a high 2 as long as the other team takes the entire contract. His production is amazing when he’s healthy. Trade him somewhere that will pitch count him and go to a super bowl on his big plays. (Picks 1&3)

2. Trade Derrick Brown for the right price. I think you could probably get a late 1 for him. The other interior guys we have are capable but honestly it doesn’t matter. We don’t have a QB so why keep him one more year for him to blow his value (Potentially what happened with CMC already in 2021) (1st)

3. Sign Reddick and Burns. QB and QB pressure is what wins. Have to try to keep these two for 3-4 more years (5-6 years for Burns). 

4. Roll with Horn, Taylor, Henderson and Gilmore and be done. Let Jackson walk. Gilmore imo is critical to keeping the best unit on the team strong and teaching two guys who have massive physical potential (Horn and Hendo). 

5. Trade Robbie. He’s not productive and he’s a distraction. IDC what you get for him. (6th)

7. Keep Darnold unless there is a good pick involved. Which there won’t be. I think he probably sucks. But Rhule is partially right. The OL would have caused 90% of the QBs in the league to play below their potential. Like I said 2022 is a wash anyway bc of prior decisions. 

8. Sign Cam Robinson or Armstead. 

9. Cut Cam. There’s no point anymore. 

Picks accumulated: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 6th. 

Spend the picks on the Offense. 
2022 draft:

1st - Ekwonu or Neal. I think one of them will be there. Both are pro bowl caliber LTs and also have elite versatility. 

1st - Linderbaum - He’s elite but he’s still a center. If we traded Brown I think 20s is where that pick would be. I think this guy would be there. 

3rd - Pass on the QB. Take John Metchie if he’s there. Pickens would be a good pick. Need to replace Robbie and also develop behind DJ just in case. 

Rest of the draft - Grab another OG, TE. 

I’m gonna guess that with that offseason and a carousel of Darnold/Walker/Unknown playing QB we will finish with a top 3 pick…if not #1 overall. 

Fire Rhule. 
Idk who you hire. Josh McDaniels would probably be top of the list. 

#1 overall - Bryce Young. Smart, accurate, big arm. He’s a more polished Russell Wilson at this stage of his career. If he can stay injury free he’ll be the 3rd best QB prospect in the last decade behind Luck, Lawrence. 

Plug him in behind an OL with a bunch of future and current pro bowlers, Chubba, DJ, Marshall, Tremble. Let him go to work with McDaniels. Let the D do what the D has been doing….

2024 - Playoff hunt behind a defense and running game. 

Sorry this is a little depressing. But short of some kind of miracle I don’t see another way. 

9 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Tepper has to realize that because Rhule has zero NFL name he isn’t going to find a quality OC. Maybe if there was a promising QB here then he could lure someone. But with Ian Rapaport reporting we’re reaching out to cast offs from the Vikings and Hamilton has returned the call I don’t see this ending with a a savior type of OC. 

So what is the realistic plan? Because I doubt that without an OL, QB, or OC the miraculous “3rd year results” come to fruition.

The plan is a minimum of a two year plan to even compete for the playoffs. If Fitterer wants to be here long term he needs to stop with the “build AND win” plan bc you WILL NOT win without a QB and Rhule has poisoned the well when it comes to legit veterans. They aren’t gonna play for him. 

2022 Offseason:

1. Trade CMC. Please. Just do this. I wanted to trade him last offseason when it could have net the team probably multiple day 1&2 picks (realistically I think it would have been a 1, two 2s and a player). Now I’d be happy if we get a 1 or a high 2 as long as the other team takes the entire contract. His production is amazing when he’s healthy. Trade him somewhere that will pitch count him and go to a super bowl on his big plays. (Picks 1&3)

2. Trade Derrick Brown for the right price. I think you could probably get a late 1 for him. The other interior guys we have are capable but honestly it doesn’t matter. We don’t have a QB so why keep him one more year for him to blow his value (Potentially what happened with CMC already in 2021) (1st)

3. Sign Reddick and Burns. QB and QB pressure is what wins. Have to try to keep these two for 3-4 more years (5-6 years for Burns). 

4. Roll with Horn, Taylor, Henderson and Gilmore and be done. Let Jackson walk. Gilmore imo is critical to keeping the best unit on the team strong and teaching two guys who have massive physical potential (Horn and Hendo). 

5. Trade Robbie. He’s not productive and he’s a distraction. IDC what you get for him. (6th)

7. Keep Darnold unless there is a good pick involved. Which there won’t be. I think he probably sucks. But Rhule is partially right. The OL would have caused 90% of the QBs in the league to play below their potential. Like I said 2022 is a wash anyway bc of prior decisions. 

8. Sign Cam Robinson or Armstead. 

9. Cut Cam. There’s no point anymore. 

Picks accumulated: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 6th. 

Spend the picks on the Offense. 
2022 draft:

1st - Ekwonu or Neal. I think one of them will be there. Both are pro bowl caliber LTs and also have elite versatility. 

1st - Linderbaum - He’s elite but he’s still a center. If we traded Brown I think 20s is where that pick would be. I think this guy would be there. 

3rd - Pass on the QB. Take John Metchie if he’s there. Pickens would be a good pick. Need to replace Robbie and also develop behind DJ just in case. 

Rest of the draft - Grab another OG, TE. 

I’m gonna guess that with that offseason and a carousel of Darnold/Walker/Unknown playing QB we will finish with a top 3 pick…if not #1 overall. 

Fire Rhule. 
Idk who you hire. Josh McDaniels would probably be top of the list. 

#1 overall - Bryce Young. Smart, accurate, big arm. He’s a more polished Russell Wilson at this stage of his career. If he can stay injury free he’ll be the 3rd best QB prospect in the last decade behind Luck, Lawrence. 

Plug him in behind an OL with a bunch of future and current pro bowlers, Chubba, DJ, Marshall, Tremble. Let him go to work with McDaniels. Let the D do what the D has been doing….

2024 - Playoff hunt behind a defense and running game. 

Sorry this is a little depressing. But short of some kind of miracle I don’t see another way. 

tremendous 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, ncfan said:

You’d be lucky to even get a 3rd for CMC.

Big Contract RBs are some of the least attractive things in Football.  And one that has become injury prone becomes even less attractive.

Don’t underestimate what teams are willing to trade when they feel they have a “window.” I could definitely see a team like the Dolphins on the heels of 8 straight making a deal to get CMC as a final piece for Tua. 

I’m good with it all, but as others have said… we’d be lucky to get a 2nd round pick with CMC’s contract. This goes back to Hurney being a moron and signing this dude to a max contract when he still had 1 year on his rookie deal AND the 5th year option. I don’t see any team that’s Super Bowl contending stupid enough to give up a 1st. 

Also, why trade Brown? Sure, he hasn’t been a force that we thought he would be, but the kid has shown flashes. Hell, he played awesome his last two games. I wonder how he’d develop if he had a real NFL staff around him. Also, even trading him for a 1st opens up a hole on the interior defensive line. You’re getting rid of a starter and depth. You’d have to just draft another DT to replace him. To me it would be smart to keep Brown. I don’t want to give up on him after just two years under a horrible group of coaches. Especially for how cheap he is. 

All-in-all, I love it. It makes too much sense, so this organization probably won’t do any of it. 

• Pie 1