• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule and Eli Apple

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Michael G said:

If I remember Eli wasn't really doing much here. He had an injury which he felt he couldn't play on, but Rhule and the training staff here thought he could, or something. They thought he was milking the injury (I dunno). Kind of what Antonio Brown claimed about Arians and the Bucs. I cant remember where I read that....

Anyway Apple is playing better now than he was here, and He's going to the Sb while Rhule (and most of the rest of us) will be watching it at home..

I always thought he was milking it too. But when even players like CMC are discouraged by HS coaching techniques…what can you say (yea speculation). And yea Apple is a drama queen borderline head case

Regardless you don’t talk to a player like that whatsoever. These aren’t children they’re men with families. Apple has made some boneheaded plays but he’s also made some impactful plays in the playoffs. 

Point is, someone was able to coach Apple into some worthwhile productivity, meanwhile we have a giant man baby as HC.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The fact that sports reporters have this thing they can do where they just print some dudes quote about another professional without comment from anyone else (Rhule in this case) just shows how it’s a form of sub journalism. 

Who knows if Rhule said it or not but Apple has basically zero credibility after getting cut at multiple orgs. So…Rhule’s thoughts were probably shared by a significant portion of the league. Secondly..What has Eli Apple done to inspire confidence in anything he says? Dude literally dropped off boards in the draft bc of character concerns, got cut from multiple teams bc of the same. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Not taking Rhule's side but "according to a very close source" means nothing.

Yeah.  All these articles about Rhule have been “anonymous sources.”  Yet most of our players have come out on record in defense of Rhule.  Something doesn’t add up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

guys we’ve been over this

players aren’t going to come on a record saying things like this and if you can’t understand why no one is going to be able to explain it

personally I find it hard to believe people just come up with this poo out of thin air just because

if that were the case I mean there is a poo ton of other things Joe Shmoe has said about Rhule that could be ‘reported’ and garner much more traffic

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Yeah.  All these articles about Rhule have been “anonymous sources.”  Yet most of our players have come out on record in defense of Rhule.  Something doesn’t add up.

Have they (honest question), or have they said things in general support of the team and their teammates? Seems like it was more the latter than the former. Players weren't openly condeming Meyer in Jax either even when it was clear that he was terrible.

I'm just saying there is an inherent conflict of interest in players commenting on their coaching staff.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

The fact that anybody thinks Apple “really showed him” is laughable. In the literal sense, yea sure….he plays. But he sucks and is an ass clown.

I can assure u no Bengals fans would be upset if he was off their team next year.

The bottom line is he’s gonna play in the Super Bowl after Rhule told him he won’t ever play again, and Matt Rhule lead a team to a 5-12 record. Maybe Matt Rhule doesn’t know sh*t.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Players have to say publicly they support any coach they have. It’s probably written into their contract. 

• The D 1