• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is Rhule's job now?

KillerKat

His job is to….manage really good coaches. Belichick had Vrabel, Crennel, etc as his DCs. He had Brady and McDaniels as his OCs/QB. What does Belichick do? Makes the final decision. Manages the coaches. If Rhule still sucks with these guys as his coordinators then he’ll never coach in the NFL again. 

But at this point I’m kinda hoping for McAdoo 2.0 and for Rhule to take that Michigan job. Bc I think McAdoo got the shaft in NY bc of Eli’s attempted retirement tour.

• Beer 1

Tepper: "So what you do is you take the gameplan from the coordinators and bring it down to the players?"

Rhule: "Well, no, my secretary does...or the fax."

Tepper: "So you must physically get the gameplan from the coordinators."

Rhule: "Well...no.  Yeah, I mean, sometimes."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

His job is to….manage really good coaches. Belichick had Vrabel, Crennel, etc as his DCs. He had Brady and McDaniels as his OCs/QB. What does Belichick do? Makes the final decision. Manages the coaches. If Rhule still sucks with these guys as his coordinators then he’ll never coach in the NFL again. 

But at this point I’m kinda hoping for McAdoo 2.0 and for Rhule to take that Michigan job. Bc I think McAdoo got the shaft in NY bc of Eli’s attempted retirement tour.

If you're a HC and delegate or "manage" the other coaches, you have to bring something to the table. You have to actually coach and inspire and motivate the team. You have to make good game time decisions. Rhule is none of this.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

Tepper: "So what you do is you take the gameplan from the coordinators and bring it down to the players?"

"So you see even though Slater was an all pro LT this year, he's actually a guard and in my system he'd be ready to start in maybe 3 years!"

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Rhule's job is to do what his coordinators and assistant coaches with NFL experience tell him to do because he has no NFL experience...oh the irony. 

experience matters.

there's a difference between managing the college game and pro game.

there's a difference in the way you manage boys vs men.

who knew? 

what's next? picking players who have demonstrated skill vs. players who have not, but you "see something that could be special"?

• Beer 3

17 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Rhule:  I deal with the damn coordinators so the players don't have to. 

I have people skills.  I am good at dealing with people.  Can't you understand that ?  

What the hell is wrong with you people ?  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, KillerKat said:

We've hired 3 really good coaches this past week. So where does this leave Rhule? Where is his "expertise"? He certainly isn't an offensive mind. He's not a defensive mind. He absolutely is not a motivator. So wtf is Rhule doing here exactly?

Hopefully he’s staying out of the way.