• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This year's "mean streak" lineman

Mr. Scot

Just now, TheProcess said:

Yeah that mean streak want mean much if he doesn't have better technique or better feet than he showed today. The best Olineman today was Zion Johnson

I like Johnson a lot based on watching him at BC. I just didn't see much of anything from Senior Bowl OLmen to make me stump for any of them.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I like Johnson a lot based on watching him at BC. I just didn't see much of anything from Senior Bowl OLmen to make me stump for any of them.

Overall bad showing for Oline, but I honestly didn't expect much from the group there. Zion Johnson played well in limited action though. He also played Center which he isn't accustomed to doing. Zion will be a very good LG in the NFL

Edit:

Unfortunately we don't have a 2nd round pick to have a chance at him

Edited by TheProcess

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Overall bad showing for Oline, but I honestly didn't expect much from the group there. Zion Johnson played well in limited action though. He also played Center which he isn't accustomed to doing. Zion will be a very good LG in the NFL

If we had a 2nd round pick I'd be banging the table for Johnson.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Trevor Penning...

Reports were that he was picking fights in practice.

Some folks don't like that kind of personality because they can make hotheaded mistakes that hurt you in games.

They also tend to play to the whistle and finish their blocks, so...

Always want Olinemen who have a mean streak on the field. Wanna stay away from the ones getting laid out outside of bars by dudes 1/2 their size. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Trevor Penning...

Reports were that he was picking fights in practice.

Some folks don't like that kind of personality because they can make hotheaded mistakes that hurt you in games.

They also tend to play to the whistle and finish their blocks, so...

We need more of that.

Penning destroyed his team's own pockets, QB, and RBs lanes while he destroyed anyone who was near him. He would level anyone even if it meant letting his assignment run free while hitting someone else and putting them on the ground. He is a penalty magnet too.

I don't question his size and strength. I do question his awareness and intelligence. He was responsible for rolling up QB at Senior Bowl practice too by throwing an edge rusher who beat him into the knees of the QB.