• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Superbowl Thread

Zod

Just now, stbugs said:

I don’t know why coaches think timeouts are such gold that they end up outsmarting themselves. Waste 20 seconds and then double down on not calling a timeout (and basically wasting a play) with that run? Call a timeout with over a minute left and it’s 2nd and 2. Instead, 4th and 1 and 30 something seconds.

Yeah. Yhe bigger thing IMO was that it was then 4th down, AND they had to use the TO. Just a big hit overall.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Eli Apple sucks but he just played in a game Matt Rhule will never go to unless he buys a ticket.

Matt Rhule also doesn’t care about that… according to him he could go somewhere else and make more money.

For him it’s not about winning it’s about money and being right.

He’s probably already left a voicemail on Apple’s phone telling him that he’ll never play in the NFL again.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

No he doesn’t. I love cam, but he never put in the real work to become a better passer. He could have done so much to improve his mechanics but never did. Coasted on his running ability until his freak athleticism aged out.

I go back and watch games from the early years a lot. He was my favorite player from start 1, but he was green as hell as a passer when he came in. He definitely made huge strides as a thrower. That SB run never happens if he doesn't improve as a passer. Even his footwork, which has never been perfect improved a ton. He had a tendency to pass the ball like he was shooting a fadeaway early on. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Huh? They had over 1 minute left and instead of calling a timeout they ran a deep pass play and Burrow threw the ball away. That’s the 20 seconds they burned and then after the 3rd and 2 run they called that timeout. They should have called the timeout instead of wasting 20 seconds and a down. It’s so typical that teams avoid calling a timeout and the play they run does nothing. Take the timeout to get prepared and maybe call a few plays so you can get up to the line quickly if one doesn’t work.

I didn’t criticize the 4th and 1 except that Joe again held on to it too long. I criticized the time management that led to having to throw it on 4th and 1.

Yeah hindsight is 20/20.  They make a play on 4th down there and they are n great shape.  Coulda, shoulda, woulda

Edited by Shocker

Just now, stbugs said:

Huh? They had over 1 minute left and instead of calling a timeout they ran a deep pass play and Burrow threw the ball away. That’s the 20 seconds they burned and then after the 3rd and 2 run they called that timeout. They should have called the timeout instead of wasting 20 seconds and a down. It’s so typical that teams avoid calling a timeout and the play they run does nothing. Take the timeout to get prepared and maybe call a few plays so you can get up to the line quickly if one doesn’t work.

I didn’t criticize the 4th and 1 except that Joe again held on to it too long. I criticized the time management that led to having to throw it on 4th and 1.

Exactly, the mistake was on second down. Didn't need a home run. Hell after the Chiefs and Bills scored roughly 80 points in a minute, a home run could have resulted in a loss there too.

• Pie 2

Just now, jopie87 said:

I go back and watch games from the early years a lot. He was my favorite player from start 1, but he was green as hell as a passer when he came in. He definitely made huge strides as a thrower. That SB run never happens if he doesn't improve as a passer. Even his footwork, which has never been perfect improved a ton. He had a tendency to pass the ball like he was shooting a fadeaway early on. 

I think he definitely improved as a passer.  In fact, in 2015, he was one of the best at the deep ball.  He never got that great at hitting the short and medium range receivers crossing the field in stride.  Probably his only passing weakness, at least until the injury damaged his arm.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

Tired of the constant shitting on Cam about his passing, when he was already good and still improving every year and had just reached the peak of his passing abilities when he got hurt and couldn't do it anymore. Anyone writes their own narrative for someone they don't actually like underneath it all for reasons not related to the field.

• Pie 3