• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bruh.

Ivan The Awesome

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

We're at the point in the NFL where you can look at the roster and tell who is going to make the playoffs and have a shot at the SB. Just look at the QBs. Simple. Our QB is Sam Darnold btw.

RBs are not that important, and neither are LBs for the that matter. The Panthers are stuck in the past trying to build a defense out of 1st and second round picks. They're all over the damn field and they don't matter. You have a great QB or you don't.

Not that I want to give the FO too much credit but to he honest I think CMC was extended because he’s a special player period. Not because he plays RB. He has HOF talent. CMC really needs more looks at WR. 

I agree with you that our philosophy historically has become a little dated but I also think the execution of that philosophy had faults. 

Keuchly was the GOAT. Having that kind of field general is priceless. He was our cheat code that kept our defense competitive when they had no business being on the field some years.

QB is absolutely essential. A clutch one at that. But most SB teams with great QBs also have positions sprinkled with players that have overwhelming talent swinging  the balance in your favor. So I don’t think keeping CMC was the problem so much as it is Ron and Rhule running him into the ground .

RBs and OL get you to the playoffs. The best QBs will never sniff a SB without this getting them through the season. Salary should be looked at as a whole for RB and OL on SB teams.

After that the QB takes over in close games with game winning drives in the playoffs. This is where a QB needs to shine.

The best defense will be the one that wins championships by shutting down these franchise QBs on their game winning drives. Watch the final 5 minutes of every SB and conference championship. It's the defense that wins against these same franchise QBs that perform in the playoffs and win SBs.

9 hours ago, pantherj said:

We're at the point in the NFL where you can look at the roster and tell who is going to make the playoffs and have a shot at the SB. Just look at the QBs. Simple. Our QB is Sam Darnold btw.

RBs are not that important, and neither are LBs for the that matter. The Panthers are stuck in the past trying to build a defense out of 1st and second round picks. They're all over the damn field and they don't matter. You have a great QB or you don't.

No it's not. 

'Cause if it is, we might as well write off next season RIGHT NOW.

Tried to tell folks but they were all giddy to sign an RB to be the face of the franchise because 1k/1k in a 5 win season. Didn't work with either of the Double Trouble duo and now here we are again with regret. Well you fuggers got what you wanted. Maybe he can play QB 🤷‍♂️😂

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, pantherj said:

This. The frustrating part is that Tepper knows this. He said coming in the door that this is a .500 league and to break out of that you need three pieces - a coach, a GM, and a QB. Everything else is a want. Those are the three that you NEED.

Yet he still hired Matt Rhule who had always won with good defense and "good enough" offense. He's sat on his ass while Rhule has spent most of his roster building capital on defense. He's watched Rhule overspend on shitty QBs. But he's hanging onto him because it's all going to work out when we draft a QB who is a former Rhule recruit and who went to Tepper's alma mater.

It's all of these reasons and more why my hope for and interest in this team is at an all-time low. There are just no signs that this crew knows how to win in the NFL.

14 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

You know the funny thing about that. People will swear up and down that you can win the SB by having a Defense or Game manager and bring up Trent dilfer and Flacco, etc. But the examples they use are so far and between that if you use the same argument but instead on the RB, that means the QB was a Franchise QB. SO yeah it's a given that you won't need a over paid RB like say a CMC or others to win a SB. 

The times have changed a great deal since the Dilfer and Flacco days and favor the offense and throwing 

the part there have a hc that wants to run the ball 

tge team with a game manager and a great rB sat hime this year 

what more needs to be said 

Edited by raleigh-panther

53 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The rules  have changed a great deal since the Dilfer and Flacco days and favor the offense and throwing 

the panthers have a hc that wants to run the ball 

tge team with a game manager and a great rB sat home  this year 

what more needs to be said 

Had to correct my post here. Couldn’t edit original 

rule changes in favor of the offense no longer support  ‘three yards and a cloud of dust’ mentality and mediocre game managers …it just doesn’t 

the panthers giving Macffrey that much money, early mind  you, when they didn’t have to was just as smart as picking up Darnold option 

honestly, I don’t know if they try to be stupid or they just are 

Edited by raleigh-panther

Ideal scenario is to have a decent roster and to ride the five-year rookie contract of a great QB. You then pay the QB and hope to get some ring chasers and team-friendly contracts from the other roster pieces. You can squeeze out some more Super Bowl contention this way. I think you'll see Kansas City have a difficult time filling all major holes on its roster with Mahomes new contract ramping up.