• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Judging from Fitt's Comments, Reddick isn't coming back.

Proudiddy

Said he talked to his reps there at the combine and Reddick has earned the right to explore the market, coming off two straight years of double digit sacks, and he should see how much money he can get, and if a team offers him a lot of money, good for him.  

Sounds like we are miles apart and that's pretty much Fitt saying, "good luck, we're not paying that."  

This sucks.

• Beer 3

Omg. Ya didn't even listen. 

Yes, he said Riddick has earned the right to test the market, but that they intend to keep communication open, and to see if they'll match an offer. 

Yes, he may be gone, we knew that the day he was signed last year.  

Doesn't mean we don't stand a chance of retaining him, as they intend to keep communication open.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Omg. Ya didn't even listen. 

Yes, he said Riddick has earned the right to test the market, but that they intend to keep communication open, and to see if they'll match an offer. 

Yes, he may be gone, we knew that the day he was signed last year.  

Doesn't mean we don't stand a chance of retaining him, as they intend to keep communication open.

No, I heard all of it, but the "keeping the dialogue open" comment was just a throwaway.  The takeaway was they were letting him test the market first and basically if he got a great offer we weren't going to touch it.  Sounds like we have a set number we would bring him back at, and if he gets better than that on the market then we won't attempt to match.  

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Yea forreal wtf was that contract extension about? Tommy Tremble doesn't suck at blocking. 

IDK man,  it was absolutely idiotic.  Thomas has not shown he worth more than the NFL minimum at this point, and they just gave his ass 6 million dollars for pretty much next year.  Its madness. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

No, I heard all of it, but the "keeping the dialogue open" comment was just a throwaway.  The takeaway was they were letting him test the market first and basically if he got a great offer we weren't going to touch it.  Sounds like we have a set number we would bring him back at, and if he gets better than that on the market then we won't attempt to match.  

What's wrong with that? That should've been the approach with Ian Thomas. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

36 minutes ago, joemac said:

IDK man,  it was absolutely idiotic.  Thomas has not shown he worth more than the NFL minimum at this point, and they just gave his ass 6 million dollars for pretty much next year.  Its madness. 

From what Fitterer also said, McAdoo apparently likes Thomas and has a plan for him. Who knows. I'll stash him on my fantasy football roster bench for sh*ts

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

From what Fitterer also said, McAdoo apparently likes Thomas and has a plan for him. Who knows. I'll stash him on my fantasy football roster bench for sh*ts

Hmmmmm, what has Thomas ever done to give McAdoo that much confidence in his game?  Not like Ben was at practice the last couple years so he must be going off game tape.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Said he talked to his reps there at the combine and Reddick has earned the right to explore the market, coming off two straight years of double digit sacks, and he should see how much money he can get, and if a team offers him a lot of money, good for him.  

Sounds like we are miles apart and that's pretty much Fitt saying, "good luck, we're not paying that."  

This sucks.

Kudos...excellent info, thanks. 

(and not a speck of cut & paste🤘)