• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

St. Malik Willis

TheWiz

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Draft this MF at 6

and bring back Cam as some backup mentor role.

use all that Cap space Fitty is claiming on the OL 

you’ll get this fan base to start to come back then next year 

Willis is the only QB I'm interested in this year and if we can fix the OL through FA I wouldn't hate it. 

First priority has to be OL. If we're bound and determined to get a QB in the draft, I'd rather it be him than anyone. But I'd rather concentrate all energies on the OL and get a QB to take us through this year then draft a QB next year from a much better class.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I like the dude, don't like the dude's Game. 

Talked about it in the other thread, he has some amazing highlights but he leaves a lot of meat on the bone throughout each game. Great at backyard football, not as great at structured football and played significantly worse against better competition. 

His game reminds me of Johnny Manziel but not a shithead and apparently a very hard worker. 

Wherever he goes, he should sit for at least a year. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

19 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Talked about it in the other thread, he has some amazing highlights but he leaves a lot of meat on the bone throughout each game. Great at backyard football, not as great at structured football and played significantly worse against better competition. 

His game reminds me of Johnny Manziel but not a shithead and apparently a very hard worker. 

Agreed on all points

48 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That's why the idea of him sitting behind/with Cam for a year isn't a bad one. I mean I wouldn't expect Cam to stay healthy for a whole year, but he could still teach Willis alot.

I think we've done worse than him as far as starters go if we did end up starting him, though.

He's got a lot of potential and he'd be fun to watch. I just think they'll be better options next year, but I wouldn't hate the pick.

• Pie 3

Seems like a great kid.  Wish him the best.  And if you wish someone the best....you can't hope lameduck Matt Rhule fugs him up as he desperately tries to cling to his job throwing whatever at the wall week to week and person under the bus. 

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You definitely aren’t wrong with the concerns.  Agree he needs time, perhaps a lot of time but the upside is there.  If we do pass and he becomes something special that will suck worse than him failing.  You can move on from QBs much easier than the old days when they received ridiculous money up front.

He is very far from a consistent passer which is an incredible red flag.  He has a lot of red flags to be honest, but when you got nothing, you got nothing to lose.

Pickett will be an absolute bust IMO.  Upside isn’t there

Edited by Shocker

Rhule won’t pick a QB that he doesn’t feel can start right away. I worry that he sees Pickett as that guy. Wouldn’t be upset if we traded back and picked up Willis late in the 1st, but we really need to address the OL. Dreading the draft with Rhule calling the shots, tbh. Dude can’t evaluate talent.

• Pie 1