• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would this get you excited for this season?

Zod

No.

Not at all. 

I will always appreciate Cam for everything he did for the team and City but he's done. He hasn't played even average since the first half of 2018 and people wanting to see him continue will be the same ones that rake him over the coals when he continues to play horribly after the first month. 

And Willis, I do not like as a prospect. He very well could have the mental capacity to make immense improvements over the next season or so, but his game is so raw and unpolished my expectations are incredibly low. 

Do not like this scenario at all. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No.

Not at all. 

I will always appreciate Cam for everything he did for the team and City but he's done. He hasn't played even average since the first half of 2018 and people wanting to see him continue will be the same ones that rake him over the coals when he continues to play horribly after the first month. 

And Willis, I do not like as a prospect. He very well could have the mental capacity to make immense improvements over the next season or so, but his game is so raw and unpolished my expectations are incredibly low. 

Do not like this scenario at all. 

So many things turn me off about willis but the one thing that bugs me is that even in his highlight throws the bulk of them IMO still show his crappy mechanics.  He is throwing off his back foot and trying to force his arm to make the play.  Thats just really hard to coach out of someone.  See Cam.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Yes

at least we’d have something to look forward to with Willis.

a Jimmy G with a better OL is still stale.  Still .500 CEILING.

And know that the staff is just going to get blown up at seasons end.  So what’s the point of even watching.

What makes you think Jimmy G with a good oline's ceiling is .500?  When healthy and playing in SF hes always been well above .500.  Don't take this as me wanting Jimmy, because I don't, but hes shown he can lead teams to good records.  Although I guess we don't really know how much Shannahan carried him to that. 

56 minutes ago, Zod said:

Cam signs a one year deal to mentor Malik Willis who sits early and starts to spell Cam as the season goes on.

The offensive line gets improved through starting Brown and Brady plus a key free agent.

Excited?

Matt Rhule gets fired midseason. Cherry on top. 

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Cam signs a one year deal to mentor Malik Willis who sits early and starts to spell Cam as the season goes on.

The offensive line gets improved through starting Brown and Brady plus a key free agent.

Excited?

N0. I can't see any path that brings hope till Rhule is gone.

Love Cam but drafting whichever QB should have no impact on whether or not we sign him back. I don't think it's even fair to expect him to endure yet another potentially crummy season and one where we are still rebuilding the oline. We've put that man through enough. As far as Willis I must say I do recognize the vibe in some of these hot takes about his ability. Wherever he goes I will be curious to revisit this in the future.