• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers have received trade calls for Christian McCaffrey

TheSpecialJuan

8 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

No, I hear your logic and get it. But I just personally think parting ways  would make sense now if we can get a first. To be honest, I don't believe in drafting RBs in the first so I guess almost by default I feel like getting a 1st for one is never a BAD trade. CMC is definitely much more than just a RB though. But by the time we are competing again I feel like his best days will be well behind him

Definitely agree on his positional value and understanding he’s much more than just a RB. Hoping we find a way to make it work that allows him to stay in Carolina and protect his health going forward. He’s everything a franchise wants in a player in regards to character, ability, work ethic, and promotion.

• Pie 1

So a team that would view him as a missing piece would probably own a late first like a Buffalo or San Fran. Say we get their first and a starting LB for CMC. Then we draft Cross at 6 and a QB like Howell/Willis/Corral with our later first. How would people feel about this? Especially if we grab a OG in FA.  Potentially Cross, Norwell, Elf, Brown/BC, Moton with a young QB in waiting…

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So a team that would view him as a missing piece would probably own a late first like a Buffalo or San Fran. Say we get their first and a starting LB for CMC. Then we draft Cross at 6 and a QB like Howell/Willis/Corral with our later first. How would people feel about this? Especially if we grab a OG in FA.  Potentially Cross, Norwell, Elf, Brown/BC, Moton with a young QB in waiting…

Still not that high on this year's QBs.

Now if we got a guy like Cross at 6 and used a later pick on someone like Linderbaum... 🤔

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

and that is probably part of the problem.

The good teams that might look at CMC are probably drafting at the end of the round.  They probably don't want to give up a 1st but their 2nd is too late to entice us, hence the reason you hear about us wanting a 1st, very good chance someone has already offered a 2nd.

At this point everyone is just trying to bluff each other.  If I'm Buffalo and I'm thinking win now I could make the argument that CMC has a bigger chance of helping me get over the hump than any player I can pick at 25.  

Same could be said about Green Bay, with the contract they just gave Rodgers they are definitely looking to win now.  CMC or a rookie at 28?  Who helps more next year?

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Still not that high on this year's QBs.

Now if we got a guy like Cross at 6 and used a later pick on someone like Linderbaum... 🤔

I get people thinking 6 is a reach for one, but in the mid/late 20s after repairing some of our OL problems. That might be about right actually…