• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio: Panthers understand they have to give up 3 firsts, another pick, and 1-2 (Chinn, Burns, Brown, Horn)

Kraybrothers

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Once Tepper opens this Pandora's Box there will be no closing it.

It will be Watson's team and Tepper will be dancing to his tune.

All the coaches will be walking around on eggshells for fear that they might displease Deshaun. 

This situation is reminiscent of when the Panthers OC was not permitted to talk to Steve Smith, only worse.  

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Jeff Davidson, wasn't it? 

But yeah...I hate saying 'slippery slope', but that's exactly what it is  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

All the coaches will be walking around on eggshells for fear that they might displease Deshaun. 

This situation is reminiscent of when the Panthers OC was not permitted to talk to Steve Smith, only worse.  

I hope Tepper does give up the farm plus give full control to Watson.  That would be the final nail in the coffin of the Carolina Panthers.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If it were TB12, I could see it to an extent. Dude has 7 rings. Watson has a couple of 10 win seasons and coming off a 4-12 season. Slight difference. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, SgtJoo said:

Per Aaron Wilson's article 

The Panthers, sources say, wouldn’t be willing to trade Brian Burns or Jeremy Chinn. But other players that could be involved in a potential Watson deal are running back Christian McCaffrey, defensive tackle Derrick Brown, and wide receiver DJ Moore. 

I would definitely have no problem with this. Cmac and brown easily can go and i love them both. Moore would be a little harder to stomache.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I would definitely have no problem with this. Cmac and brown easily can go and i love them both. Moore would be a little harder to stomache.

I don’t want to lose DJ; I’m fine with anyone else and the picks don’t concern me. 

I do think Terrace Marshall Jr will be real good with a QB like Watson throwing him the ball

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I don’t want to lose DJ; I’m fine with anyone else and the picks don’t concern me. 

I do think Terrace Marshall Jr will be real good with a QB like Watson throwing him the ball

If Moore has 2nd rounder value or better to the Texans, then you move him in a deal like this to save draft capital. No doubt about it. I think he's a good WR, but do you really want to pay him $16-20M in AAV after this season?