• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Imagine being so fuging dysfunctional of a franchise where a once in a lifetime deal for a player falls through because you kept a sorry ass head coach so the player you were trading for picks a team with what is essentially a fuging interim over the one you kept employed.

I've found myself saying this following statement a lot over the last 27 years or so, but here it goes again:

"Only the Carolina Panthers"

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Yeah you just pick one and they’re instantly good man! No busts ever! 

Going to laugh so hard when we light the 6th overall pick on fire this year for a shitty QB and then have to draft another one for a new regime while all the morons screamed about how we were offering too much for Watson. 

Ya'll are incredibly dramatic. Rhule or no Rhule we can and will draft one and if need be another. Nobody will force you to stick around either ✌️

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Imagine being so fuging dysfunctional of a franchise where a once in a lifetime deal for a player falls through because you kept a sorry ass head coach so the player you were trading for picks a team that has NO coach at all over you.

I've found myself saying this following statement a lot over the last 27 years or so, but here it goes again:

"Only the Carolina Panthers"

Signing Bridgewater to an 3 year deal even though he wasn’t the reason the Saints went 5-0, and signed Darnold’s 5th year extension before he took a snap and had 3 of the statistically worse years as a QB. 
Teppers tenure as owner in one word: Incompetence. 
Keeping Rhule and losing Watson because of it is just another sign of incompetence. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Going to laugh so hard when we light the 6th overall pick on fire this year for a shitty QB and then have to draft another one for a new regime while all the morons screamed about how we were offering too much for Watson. 

Yup.  And while I wasn't 100% comfortable with some of the packages we were hearing, ultimately I still wanted to get it done.  The truth is, you can't win without a QB.  Another truth is, once you have a QB its much easier to fill in the pieces around them then having to find one in the first place.

If we whiff on Watson and New Orleans gets him, we have essentially locked ourselves into the NFCS basement for the next 10 years.  And if that happens, I suspect it will mostly be because we kept Rhule in place and Watson chooses them strictly because of that and that alone.

6 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

That would be 2 first round picks on cheap rookie contracts. If Watson could be had for 2 firsts and had a cheap contract then it would be more comparable…

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That would be 2 first round picks on cheap rookie contracts. If Watson could be had for 2 firsts and had a cheap contract then it would be more comparable…

No it wouldn’t, because Watson is a guaranteed franchise QB. No draft pick will ever be nearly as sure as getting a guy in his prime that has put up elite seasons.