• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, 45catfan said:

The Seahawks and Chiefs.  It appears the Bengals and Bills are about there as well.

lol what. at what point did the Chiefs rebuild for 4-5 seasons? The Chiefs had basically one bad season. They picked Eric Fisher #1 overall. They had a losing season since 2011. 

when did the Seahawks rebuild for 4-5 seasons? They had already won the Super Bowl in Carroll's fourth season. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can't give up three 1st round picks and probably more draft assets plus your two best young defensive players. That's gutting your roster.

For the record, I meant both would be the deal breaker for me. I fully expect the Texans to demand Burns as part of the deal.

Its easy to look at losing Burns or Chinn in isolation.  But if we lose both, and you combine that with the fact that Reddick, Gilmore, and Jackson are probably all gone through FA.  The defense is going to be completely different.

Also interesting that they don't seem to want Derrick Brown.  Haven't been too impressed with him myself.

This is a front office play to break a division rival for the next decade. The Bucs won't get into the bidding war, and the Saints just want to drive the price up.

Dennis Allen knows how to take advantage of Watson's greedy decision making/passing.

Looks like the Panthers are going to trade away their next decade for a lame duck coach and an unproven/overrated QB the future HC will be tied to.

If Watson is committed to winning, he'll insist on keeping the offensive weapons around him. Not sure how a Watson-Rhule marriage will play out. Seems like they would butt heads a lot, and Rhule doesn't like to be questioned while Watson plays by his own rules and questions his coaches. 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

So Burrow carried that team all by himself?  I'm pretty sure the defense was pretty solid and they went out and got Burrow some weapons.  If anything Burrow developed a season quicker than most would have thought.  For Bengals' fans, that's a great thing.

It think it was mainly the combo of landing a legit franchise QB then the very next year drafting the best rookie WR the NFL has ever seen. That put them over the top.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

lmao the bengals patiently rebuilt? they slipped into a bonafide franchise QB and he carried them to the super bowl in his second season.

that's exactly what rebuilding is? They fired their coach and figured out what they had the first year while knowing they'd be awful while hoarding cap space and high value draft picks (what we should have done instead of getting Teddy). Let the new coach pick his QB with the pick year 2, sucked that year. I think everyone will agree they jumped a year or two because of how good Burrow is, but that is textbook rebuilding. 

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Its easy to look at losing Burns or Chinn in isolation.  But if we lose both, and you combine that with the fact that Reddick, Gilmore, and Jackson are probably all gone through FA.  The defense is going to be completely different.

Also interesting that they don't seem to want Derrick Brown.  Haven't been too impressed with him myself.

Yep. You lose both of those guys, Reddick, Gilmore, and Jackson now you have the makings of the worst D in the league. You just lost almost very impact player on your defense last year. I'd argue all of them except Shaq. He's be your line impact defender remaining from last year.

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

that's exactly what rebuilding is? They fired their coach and figured out what they had the first year while knowing they'd be awful while hoarding cap space and high value draft picks (what we should have done instead of getting Teddy). Let the new coach pick his QB with the pick year 2, sucked that year. I think everyone will agree they jumped a year or two because of how good Burrow is, but that is textbook rebuilding. 

They didn't rebuild 4-5 years. Wheels fell off in 2018 with Marvin Lewis. 2019 and 2020 were legitimate rebuild years.

No one take 4-5 years to rebuild in the NFL unless the HC/GM are totally incompetent. This ain't baseball.

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

What I think makes matter worse is Houston knows we are all in on Watson. Tepper is making sure that we lose negotiation power by asserting our desires to have him.  

The price is going to be steep.  The maximum I would give up is 3 firsts and a former first round pick.  There is no way in hell I would give up 3 first and 2 or 3 former first round picks and only get Watson. 

Here's a thought?  Any potential three way deals for all you couch potato GMs.? 😆

I wouldn't give up poo for him at all. Price is to steep, he is paid too much and he has some sort of mental problem with his ding dong. Guys a goof ball and it will resurface. His ass sure left Houston in a hurry with zero loyalty to them. He is no leader. Why overpay for this guy? They want a price tag and his salary should justify him being the best at his position and while good he is most definitely not the best. Keep him, we should move on.

Just now, Smittymoose said:

They didn't rebuild 4-5 years. Wheels fell off in 2018 with Marvin Lewis. 2019 and 2020 were legitimate rebuild years.

No one take 4-5 years to rebuild in the NFL unless the HC/GM are totally incompetent. This ain't baseball.

Like I mentioned in my original post... They jumped forward a few years because they drafted one of the best QBs in the league who seems to be on an easy HoF trajectory. So they went from a 4-5 rebuild to a 2-3 because of how good Burrow is

2 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Meh, they were still bad that you quit watching Panthers football at week 13... So what's the big deal?

Our D was okay last year. Not great, but okay. Our offense was abysmal. Add Watson and subtract all those other pieces and we probably flip flop. Now our offense is okay and our D is abysmal. End result is another losing season. Them we get to watch the Texans make that 1st round pick. Then again in '24. Then again in '25.

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

lol what. at what point did the Chiefs rebuild for 4-5 seasons? The Chiefs had basically one bad season. They picked Eric Fisher #1 overall. They had a losing season since 2011. 

when did the Seahawks rebuild for 4-5 seasons? They had already won the Super Bowl in Carroll's fourth season. 

The Seahawks rebuilt under Carroll and he drafted Wilson.  They won the SB in a couple of years of together.  While the Chiefs were decent under Reid, they were in purgatory until they drafted Mahommes.  The Bengals drafted Burrow and the Bills Allen under new/newish staffs and their fortunes have changed without going the crazy route the Panthers are attempting to take.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Like I mentioned in my original post... They jumped forward a few years because they drafted one of the best QBs in the league who seems to be on an easy HoF trajectory. So they went from a 4-5 rebuild to a 2-3 because of how good Burrow is

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example of a team that "patiently" (and successfully) rebuilds for 4-5 years