• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

We really need a thread breaking down these teams in the bidding war assets and how it would hurt them to trade for Watson..

Then compare..

Ppl are under some opinion that these teams are in way better situation then us..

You've called for more Watson threads twice in the thread saying not to create more Watson threads.

Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Watson or no Watson the Panthers aren't going to be watchable.... what's the point of a "franchise" QB if you don't have any assets to build a team around him.

I think Watson will generate viewership better than whatever the hell that was last year and the year before. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I think Watson will generate viewership better than whatever the hell that was last year and the year before. 

If they trade every asset we have for him I won't be watching with what they are rumored to be giving this would be a far worse roster than the one he had with the Texans that went 4-12.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

If they trade every asset we have for him I won't be watching with what they are rumored to be giving this would be a far worse roster than the one he had with the Texans that went 4-12.

Then don't watch. No need to announce it

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

All that success is with players who aren't there any more.. Its a way harder division.. And the coach is 70.. 

And again if we have to give up young talent so will they.. Who do they have that can match our package..

I understand your acknowledgement of how good Seattle has been but this is not the same team and would be just as bad as us after trading for Watson..

All other things being equal:

Seattle's current management and coaching staff have produced mostly wins (3rd best)

Carolina's current management and coaching staff have produced mostly losses (16th best)*

Both are in need of a franchise QB

Seattle's current staff are experienced in building an NFL team from the ground up.

Carolina's current staff has little experience in building an NFL team and what experience they have isn't good.

*Vast majority of wins were with previous ownership/management/coaching staff

Yeah, this should be no contest.

However:

What if Tepper gives DW some level of control over management and coaching decisions?  

That would be the wild card. 

Will Tepper play it? 

I believe there is a strong chance that he will.

22 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You do know we have some of that Seattle staff (that you are propping up) here now..

Fitt and Morgan were big pieces in that organization..

And again I asked you if they are so good where is the young talent they can put into a package for Watson.. Other then Metcalf and maybe Fant??

I'll be the first to tell you that I have been highly critical of some of Seattle's decisions in recent years.

However, they pale in comparison to the decisions of Carolina's Tepper/Rhule/Fitterer era.

We can look at the results, they speak for themselves.

One organization is staffed with professionals, many of which have been together for over a decade of winning.

The other organization is led by couple of novices Tepper/Rhule and a GM that has been fleeced several times in his short career with the Panthers.

If you were a franchise QB, making what might be your final move, which team would you trust your future to?

I simply don't see much of an argument for Carolina, short of Watson being closer to home and Tepper giving him some level of control over coaching and management decisions.

Who knows in the next few days (hours) all the other teams may back out and Carolina will have their QB.

Stay tuned!

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'll be the first to tell you that I have been highly critical of some of Seattle's decisions in recent years.

However, they pale in comparison to the decisions of Carolina's Tepper/Rhule/Fitterer era.

We can look at the results, they speak for themselves.

One organization is staffed with professionals, many of which have been together for over a decade of winning.

The other organization is led by couple of novices Tepper/Rhule and a GM that has been fleeced several times in his short career with the Panthers.

If you were a franchise QB, making what might be your final move, which team would you trust your future to?

I simply don't see much of an argument for Carolina, short of Watson being closer to home and Tepper giving him some level of control over coaching and management decisions.

Who knows in the next few days (hours) all the other teams may back out and Carolina will have their QB.

Stay tuned!

Being closer to "home" after getting totally thrashed by Houston and the owners slimy lawyer friend may be exactly what he wants after the whole debacle. 

You're right about that but it may be the biggest reason aside from the Panthers as a destination.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It will be more watchable than Sam Darnold with the assets. And really, every assett? It will be one player and some picks. Most of our best players will still be on the roster