• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

So what are your brilliant  solutions  for the o line if Watson gets signed? Wouldn't we be cap strapped and not able to sign any decent  ones in free agency

IF we land a trade for Watson, we would have about 24milion to spend in FA... now if Watson restructures his deal, we can get upwards of 44 million total in FA. This has been broken down in this thread if you want more details, but hopefully this helps.

Edited by TheCasillas

18 minutes ago, Not2panic said:

Rhule is personally telling players who are going to be traded.

Fitterer is meeting up with Tepper with papers in hand in Houston.

Ok.  I'll bite.  If you have an in, do you know whether Chinn and Burns are both part of the deal?

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

IF we land a trade for Watson, we would have about 24milion to spend in FA... now if Watson restructures his deal, we can get upwards of 44 million total in FA. This has been broken down in this thread if you want more details, but hopefully this helps.

If we trade for him I imagine we extend and restructure him. 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If we clear that much, I really hope we get in strategically on this first wave of FA.  Bozeman would be great, Justin Reid, re-sign Gilmore, Saffold/Norwell, and find an edge guy if we're losing Burns (which i hope we're not) and Reddick.

Just now, chknwing said:

watson is a free agent in 2026,  I dont think carolina has enough time to replace Rhule, and build a team around Watson with zero draft picks that will entice him to resign.  Were mortgaging the future for a rental.

it's assumed that a megadeal extension comes of this move

• Pie 1

Just now, chknwing said:

watson is a free agent in 2026,  I dont think carolina has enough time to replace Rhule, and build a team around Watson with zero draft picks that will entice him to resign.  Were mortgaging the future for a rental.

Watson will want out of Charlotte after one season.  

Just now, chknwing said:

This would be a problem that any team Watson goes to would face. There aren't any teams in the hunt with an established coach that looks to be safe going forward. It's more about whether Watson believes in the vision of the franchise or not.

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

LOL

• Pie 1