• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Fair but the fact we are meeting is a positive. (Or negative depending what side you fall on with Deshaun)

I am trying to A)understand why he wants to leave Houston and B)how is Carolina a better franchise for him then what he has now

There is literally nothing enticing to him that would make him want to come.  Unless of course Tepper rips up his contract and allows him input going further.  If that happens I probably will become a bills fan or something

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's a lot of space cleared with 1 move.  Wow.

And that still didn't get them under the cap. "...the New Orleans Saints restructured their contract with star cornerback Marshon Lattimore, which gets them very nearly to salary cap compliance ..."

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Actually, the worse case scenario is we make this trade, keep losing and after 3 years Watson decides he doesn't want to play for this shitshow anymore and would rather go to a winner. We would have no franchise QB, a team with little to no young talent, and in the same position Houston is in now. While not unfavorable to get a boatload of picks, it still means rebuilding and more losing. And for those who think he wouldn't do that, he just forced his way out 1 year after signing a huge extension. 

Who cares? Nobody wants to watch a 6-7 win team which is what we are indefinitely without a QB. So who cares if we have assets? We squandered years with Cam, Luke, Olsen by not making more impactful moves.

Were gonna end up signing Burns, Chinn, Brown and DJ long term and have Shaq, CMC, Moton under contract and nothinf to show for it. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am trying to A)understand why he wants to leave Houston and B)how is Carolina a better franchise for him then what he has now

There is literally nothing enticing to him that would make him want to come.  Unless of course Tepper rips up his contract and allows him input going further.  If that happens I probably will become a bills fan or something

Tepper will make him an offer that will make Watson think he's the best QB in league. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Watson said he wanted to leave Houston because Mr.Mcnair is racist, and that he doesnt respect him. So anywhere else is better for Watson, bc it sounds personal. So yes, Carolina would be better for that reason alone.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cause he already jumped the shark and he won't go back on his stance.  He should have just worked things out and played out his contract in Houston IMO.  No reason to throw his career away over being on a bad team.  He is the one who signed that extension with the Texans.  Nobody forced him to do that.

You only get to be in your 20's once.  As a pro athlete, those are prime years I wouldn't be willing to throw away sitting out, personally.

He may not like the Houston Texans or their management, but what exactly is so bad about that org vs the Panthers, Seahawks, etc.  They aren't that bad and now they have Lovie Smith.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've been hearing about how the Saints are desperately salary cap strapped every year for a decade plus now yet they find a way to make the moves they want to make every year anyway.

They will be doing this desperate restructuring scenario for the next 3-4 years. They are already down to 7M in cap space for 2023. Payton left for a reason. And they can’t even just trade Thomas or anyone else good because the dead cap would hit and destroy them. There is no way to create enough to even get him on the roster. That’s why there are losing a very good LT and FS. The bill has come due and it’s going to take awhile to pay. 

• Pie 2