• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Man Up!...Are the Answers Already on the Roster?

Michael G

The Panthers Have a lot of holes to fill. We will probably see changes to the starting lineup at LB, MLB, Corner, Safety, OL, DL, and oh yeah QB

Are their any young, previously rotational players or backups on the team who you can see stepping into a starting role based on their play last season (IE- Luvu starting at Edge/OLB in place of Reddick)

What about Henderson, Robinson, heck even Tecklenburg? Who do you expect to step up this year if anyone?

• Pie 1

I am looking forward to seeing what Henderson, Taylor can do at CB when given the chance.  Did sitting a year help Pride?   Don't forget, Horn will be our first rounder this year.

Isn't it time to play Kenny Robinson at FS and Chinn at SS?

I want to see what Deonte. Brown can do at RG.

Will Tremble take another step at TE?  I think they are planning on it.

Can Chubba possibly become a solid part of a rotation at RB?

I think we really need to see what Shi Smith and Marshall can give us at WR--even if it means trading Moore or Anderson.

On the defensive side of the ball, Gross Matos needs to step up at DE.

What do we have in Nixon?  Play him more-especially if we trade Brown.

I think Hartsfield has developed into a decent nickel.

From what I can tell, most of the players I just mentioned flashed in 2021, but Rhule was too busy trying to save face he did not seem to notice.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When Tecklenburg took the field last year I completely understood why he was planning on not even pursuing a professional football career prior to Rhule giving him a call.

For a retired guy he played ok...But is not he answer I agree. He was no worse than Elflein.

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Isn't it time to play Kenny Robinson at FS and Chinn at SS?

I want to see what Deonte. Brown can do at RG.

Will Tremble take another step at TE?  I think they are planning on it.

I like how Robinson has progressed, but I really think he will take Burris' spot if he's given a chance. He doesn't have Chinn's range. They paid Thomas like he's gonna start so I'm wondering how they see Tremble. Maybe they'll feature more 2 TE sets....

I like Hartsfield at Nickel too...he's like a mini linebacker who really competes (even though he makes some mistakes). For a young undrafted player he show a lot of potential

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 2

As bad as our starters are, I don't think our backups are going to prove to be much. 

It's easy to have the view that Rhule is hiding assets somewhere but the reality is that he is just terrible at talent evaluation. It's not that "X" starter is getting burn because he is a Rhule guy, it's that the other Rhule guy is even worse.

I’m a bit of an optimist, but I think Wilks is going to have Henderson and Horn playing well by the end of the year. Horn was already showing he is the real deal before he got hurt, and Henderson needs a coach to light his fire and I think Wilks is the man for the job. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts Robinson at FS. I kind of want Franklin/Burris at SS and Chinn to slide up to LB with Shaq. I also think year 3 is going to be good for Brown/YGM. They regressed a little last year and hopefully they took that personally this offseason. YGM has a chance to start this year with Reddick gone. The defense can be pretty solid even without adding too many new pieces and losing Gilmore, Jackson, Reddick. 

On offense McAdoo saw something in Thomas and wanted to extend him. Hopefully we run some 2 TE sets to help our OL and utilize Tremble/Thomas in McAdoo’s offense. Finally I hope our new OL coach can further develop BC and get some great play out if him rather it’s LT or he slides to LG if we draft Cross at 6. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Michael G said:

The Panthers Have a lot of holes to fill. We will probably see changes to the starting lineup at LB, MLB, Corner, Safety, OL, DL, and oh yeah QB

Are their any young, previously rotational players or backups on the team who you can see stepping into a starting role based on their play last season (IE- Luvu starting at Edge/OLB in place of Reddick)

What about Henderson, Robinson, heck even Tecklenburg? Who do you expect to step up this year if anyone?

Robinson at FS might get a look

The two rookie guards are logical.

and shi smith in the slot