• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper will let Watson name next head coach?

Zod

11 hours ago, jackson113 said:

FB_IMG_1647215787518.jpg

Looks like Tepper is giving control of the offense to DeShaun Watson and his agent if he agrees to be a Panther.

Rhule and Fitt must be happy with this lol.

Are there any Texans players he wants coming over with him?

This will be good. Expecting a total poo show with all the tension in the organization, but it will be a very entertaining poo show.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qlm2dpfrgypjs6u2eb

Would be the only thing that makes sense as to why Tepper kept Rhule. Attract Watson by letting him have say in the new HC when it does happen. Also would make sense as to why we haven't heard from Tepper. Why come out and back Rhule if your intentions are replacing him after Watson is on board. 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Would be the only thing that makes sense as to why Tepper kept Rhule. Attract Watson by letting him have say in the new HC when it does happen. Also would make sense as to why we haven't heard from Tepper. Why come out and back Rhule if your intentions are replacing him after Watson is on board. 

Brian. Flores. Come on down…

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Tepper is a micromanager, I’m not sure anyone would want to hold the title of “Head Coach” with this organization.

Source?

The guy with 608,111 posts says the "football people" are in charge and Tepper stays out of the fray...

...and that guy is aligned with lots of "insiders" 🤘

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Source?

The guy with 608,111 posts says the "football people" are in charge and Tepper stays out of the fray...

...and that guy is aligned with lots of "insiders" 🤘

I can form my own opinion without listening to someone who claims to have inside sources. All you have to do is watch and listen.

• Beer 1

I think the instant Tepper saw Sam out there playing like trash he knew our scouts were clueless in evaluating QBs. Literally a random football fan could have told you Sam was a bad idea. At that point I think Tepper decided that we needed a proven QB who has played at a high level. No more of this long shot wing and a prayer nonsense, and drafting a QB with these scouts would be similar to gambling.

Edited by pantherj

46 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Tepper seems to get very involved in finding a franchise QB, but we know he let the coaches / scouts have their way with Fields etc

He let the coaches and scouts he just hired not to long ago make the decisions without him meddling because thats exactly what everybody said they didnt want him to do. I Dont see the problem with that, rhule has now squandered things for 2 years in a row so Tepper decided it wouldnt be a third if he could help it.

6 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Tepper seems to get very involved in finding a franchise QB, but we know he let the coaches / scouts have their way with Fields etc

If Tepper was unhappy with the guys he put in place to make those decisions, he should’ve fired them. 

• Pie 1