• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

Just now, suntick2021 said:

I am sure this was posted somewhere in this massive thread but just in case...

La Canfora: Deshaun Watson prefers Saints over Panthers as trade destination

https://www.audacy.com/cbssportsradio/sports/nfl/la-canfora-deshaun-watson-prefers-saints-over-panthers-as-trade-destination

already posted, already disputed. and he knows nothing

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Chinn and Horn should be off limits. I love Burns but he’s going to get a massive contract soon and there’s a decent chance he doesn’t live up to it so I’m ok letting him go. Chinn is he heart and soul of this D though and his position doesn’t get paid crazy amounts so should be easy to keep long term. Horn still has 4 more cheap years on his deal and looked like a shutdown number 1 corner before the injury. Can’t give that away.

Burns or Brown, sure but still ideally keep Burns too

This is why I'm most okay giving up Burns.  And while he is valuable in the sense that he is a pass rusher, he's not an all-around edge defender.  He's not an untouchable level edge player like the Bosas, Garrett, TJ, etc.

I'll still miss him though.  My mom bought me his jersey last year and I love everything about him.  But on-field wise, it is worth trading him in a package for Watson.

I disagree with Chinn being off limits but I could be underrating him a tad.  Admittedly I don't think I've ever been as high on him as other Panthers fans.  But I do think he could be better if we paired him with a safety with near-unlimited range.  We'll see though.

Horn I 100% agree should be off limits.  Not only is he still early enough in his rookie contract, but corners as skilled in man coverage as he is should not be shipped away when it can be avoided.

I think the only other player I'd really not be a fan of us trading is DJ Moore.  No. 1 WRs are important and Moore to me is a top-15 guy (which is really freakin' good).  I'm most excited for him if we get Watson.  Moore is going to be up insane numbers with a QB who can finally hit him downfield.  Yeah Moore will need to get paid but lets be honest, nowadays you gotta pay for a WR.  Whether it is your own or through draft picks, you will be paying something and likely a high premium unless you get lucky.

Edited by Mage

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If we are giving up Chinn then it needs to be Brown heeded out not Burns. Chinn and Burns along with three first rounders is the equivalent of five first rounders.

Chinn AND Burns is honestly a deal breaker for me given the pick haul. One or the other should be the line in the sand.

• Pie 1

I'd rather not see us trade Derrick Brown either.  Especially if we trade Burns.  Brown didn't have as good of a sophomore season as we would have liked, but he's 23, to be 24 years old.  And he looked too good as a rookie for me to give up on him.  I think his potential remains very high.

Not that I'll be all up-in-arms if we trade him.  But I think we should try to keep at least one of Burns/Brown.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2