• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

I dont get this vibe that the browns can offer a better deal than us nor that they are championship ready.

1. They have the 13th pick

2. They dont have any young trade assets that would beat Brian Burns as a solo offering

3. They have less cap than us (next year too)

4. Stefanski has been called out to be a poo coach behind the scenes

11 minutes ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

This whole Watson Saga reminds me of when the Hornets kept pursing Gordon Hayward for like ever. Ever since he was a RFA with the Jazz the Hornets did EVERYTHING possible to acquire him. When he did went to Boston I'm pretty sure they try to trade for him once or twice, and when he did finally come here (overpay no less) he's been nothing but inured all the time and ultimately hasn't moved the needle for this team much. If we do get Watson I hope it don't go down like this. 

Maybe if Gordon Hayward was Nikola Jokic

• Pie 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn_q_qK5jac

Remember when Watson went toe-to-toe with Brees and the Saints?  When's the last time we saw a QB put up that kind of performance vs the Saints?  2015 Cam?  

Ya'll think we can just easily find a QB who can make a play like Watson did on that final touchdown?  Taking a blind-side hit, pocket collapsing in front of him (this is for those who think our OL would hold Watson back), throws an absolute dime that is what, 30 yards downfield?  Watson makes throws on a regular basis that are better than any throws we've seen from a Panthers QB since Cam's MVP season.

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

Remember when Watson went toe-to-toe with Brees and the Saints?  When's the last time we saw a QB put up that kind of performance vs the Saints?  2015 Cam?  

Cam was unbelievable in that playoff game against the Saints but I agree with you.

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

come on. ACL hasn't been a thing since 2017. it happened, he's recovered and it's a non-issue.

I will just say that as of today we still have a suspect O-Line so he will likely take a beating like he has never . I hope this clown show organization decides to protect him unlike they did Cam.. Yes, 2 different owners but still......

Edited by ickmule