• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

1 minute ago, SazmoRanger said:

What do the Saints have to offer? They have the same amount of 1st rounders as we do except our current 1st is a lot better. They don’t have the stud rookie contract players we do. 

It’s also a push on on the teams being better and both coaches suck. I don’t understand that one. 

Sports reporting is the epicenter of “I’m gonna speculate for what helps ratings” or “I’m gonna put info out there that helps my friend.” 

There is zero basis behind any of it. There is no way any of these teams have vastly better offers or situations (other than maybe the 49ers) but they’d have to trade Lance + significant other pieces that got them to the SB. Seems like the smart move is just to stick with the guy you traded the farm for last year and build around him. 

• Pie 1

Just now, joemac said:

Bailey dropping knowledge.  Moral of the story is that we all need to step away from the ledge.  We've got the best potential offer.  Atlanta is basically trolling, but from what Bailey has heard is that we've got the best offer and nobody else can really come close.  Our offense would be absolutely lethal if we add DW4.  And it seems like that was communicated very effectively in our meeting. 

Maybe from Houston's perspective. 

Hard to argue we got the best offer to  Watson.  We have a lameduck coach and haven't won more than 5 games for 3 straight seasons (that's our offer). 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

What do the Saints have to offer? They have the same amount of 1st rounders as we do except our current 1st is a lot better. They don’t have the stud rookie contract players we do. 

It’s also a push on on the teams being better and both coaches suck. I don’t understand that one. 

Turner and Adebo

They also have their 2nd rounder this year 

Yes Kamara could get suspended but even with a suspension he’ll end up playing more games than CMC this year 

The Saints have a good roster. There’s a reason why this team was competitive with no QB this year 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

Christian not part of deal

Texans want Carolina to win

Panthers have best offer

Atl maybe be posturing (bs)

Maybe no players

Deshauns decision

Meeting ended with Deshaun content and with future plans

Kyle speculated that he is waiting for a contender…but Panthers would not lose because of a bad pitch

Could be bidding war between teams where he would be willing to go to?

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Maybe from Houston's perspective. 

Hard to argue we got the best offer to  Watson.  We have a lameduck coach and haven't won more than 5 games for 3 straight seasons (that's our offer). 

They just said that Houston wants us to win.  We, by far, have the best offer.  Its pretty much all up to Watson at this point.  If it was not for the no trade clause the trade would have likely already been completed.  Regardless they cannot wait much longer.  This will all be over soon enough.  Thank God LOL. 

Just now, joemac said:

They just said that Houston wants us to win.  We, by far, have the best offer.  Its pretty much all up to Watson at this point.  If it was not for the no trade clause the trade would have likely already been completed.  Regardless they cannot wait much longer.  This will all be over soon enough.  Thank God LOL. 

That's what I figured. And if the Texans are in our corner, you best believe they can "push" DeShaun to take that offer as well. Panthers been working with the Texans for damn near a year. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

How exactly would the Saints afford Watson and Armstead? They’d need to restructure most of the contracts on the roster and then not to mention they’ll have no first round picks for three years.

Hard to see how they could continue to build a roster following this year.

I think they've pretty much restructured anybody who they could to even get close to being even with the cap.  They've kicked a couple big contracts down the road.  They really do not have many good young assets to trade away that Houston would even want/need.  Hell people are talking about them trading Taysom Hill.  Why the hell would Houston want him and his ridiculously gigantic contract?  I still think we're the leaders in the clubhouse right now. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

I will believe it when I see it. I see a third thread started in our future. Lol

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Turner and Adebo

Yes Kamara could get suspended but even with a suspension he’ll end up playing more games than CMC this year 

The Saints have a good roster. There’s a reason why this team was competitive with no QB this year 

Their draft picks combined in this draft might not be as good as the 6th pick this year. The 6th pick is a big, big, big deal in all of this. People keep forgetting that. 

Also, those two don't compare to Burns and Chinn. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Turner and Adebo

Cold world

Just now, joemac said:

I think they've pretty much restructured anybody who they could to even get close to being even with the cap.  They've kicked a couple big contracts down the road.  They really do not have many good young assets to trade away that Houston would even want/need.  Hell people are talking about them trading Taysom Hill.  Why the hell would Houston want him and his ridiculously gigantic contract?  I still think we're the leaders in the clubhouse right now. 

The Saints every, single, year in one gif: 200.gif

• Pie 2