• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Ryan to Indy makes a lot of sense. This year's second or less, they have a TON of cap space. 

He has two years of 40 million each year left on his deal. I know next year is only like 15 million in dead cap if cut compared to 40 but who in the hell is taking that on without getting a first round pick in return. Colts can’t be that dumb. The falcons can’t add picks to the Ryan trade because then they lose ammo for a Watson trade. 

Unless the Colts go full retard I can’t see it happening.

2 minutes ago, Thompcat said:

On Sirius with Moving tge Chains they are saying the Panthers have pulled out. Have y'all heard that?

Nah. I doubt the Panthers officially pull out unless they are told Watson will no longer consider them like he did to the Browns (who were never really a serious contender because of the Texans reluctance to send him to another AFC team and Watson's desire to play somewhere warm)

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

would not a Ryan trade preceded this, or do they want $80m in cap going to QB?

Ryan has to be traded to make the numbers work. That's why this is taking so long. If they pull it off without trading him, the salary cap doesn't mean anything and the NFL should adopt a luxury tax like the NBA and MLB.

2 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Dov Kienman or whatever tweeted it, but that’s since been rebuffed by multiple other sources including David Newton. 

Dov Kienman was quoting a person tweet that didn't say that the Panthers were completely out of it, just most likely.