• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

16 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It'd be funny if DW said he picked whomever over us because they "wanted me more" and "they showed they cared more". Tepp made his offer and they haven't done jack since (per se). Stubborn. Meanwhile ATL and NO maybe have gone out of their way to show they want him.

Source??????

1 minute ago, RowanPanther said:

My whole thing is this... why did Watson not contact Atlanta while he sat out all year last season? 

They could have had ample time to develop an exit strategy for dumping Ryan and making room for the ball boy?

I mean if the recent legal trouble is any indication, he doesn't exactly always think things through...

1 minute ago, RowanPanther said:

My whole thing is this... why did Watson not contact Atlanta while he sat out all year last season? 

They could have had ample time to develop an exit strategy for dumping Ryan and making room for the ball boy?

Think he wanted to play for Flores.  Now that doesn’t exist.  

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It'd be funny if DW said he picked whomever over us because they "wanted me more" and "they showed they cared more". Tepp made his offer and they haven't done jack since (per se). Stubborn. Meanwhile ATL and NO maybe have gone out of their way to show they want him.

I would rather Watson not come here, so no worries. I also think ATL's culture is what ultimately sells Watson on them if he picks them.

You don't have to impress Watson like a free agent.

You just need to make sure he doesn't say no and scratch you off the list.

The game is with the Texans and not Watson. Texans have the final say with all teams Watson did not say no to. If the Falcons had the best offer for the Texans, and the Texans were not worried about Ryan landing with the Titans or Colts, the deal would have been done weeks ago.

Tepper is calling the Texans bluff, and not giving them their ask. Giving the Texans and Watson enough to sit at the table.

For Watson it is likely Falcons, Panthers, and Saints in that order.

For Texans it is likely Panthers, Saints, and Falcons in that order.

Texans just need to take the Falcons off the table. I highly doubt the Falcons getting Watson is the best outcome for the Texans. Only one advantage for Texans that I see with keeping teasing Watson with the Falcons as an option. More from the Panthers. Tepper will stay with his offer and there will be no second meeting for anyone.

Tepper wins with the Falcons being blown out of the water or getting Watson in a fair deal that favors the Panthers.

This could end up with the Panthers getting Watson in a deal that favors the Panthers, the Falcons imploding, and Ryan going to the Titans or Colts. Very risky for the Texans wanting to be greedy.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think he wants the Falcons.  The Saints can perform whatever black magic rituals they do down there and make something happen.  The Falcons are scrambling to get their poo together to make it work.  I think he's just waiting to see if they can.

Yea, he wants to go home. A good portion of us would love the chance to play for the home team as well if we were in that position. 

If the falcons can’t fit him on the cap, I have no problem taking him as my teams QB, and using the 3 years to convince him to re-up. Him wanting to go home, to the falcons, doesn’t bother me. I’m sure Cam and Charles Johnson would’ve loved to play for the Falcons, but we were able to convince them to stay

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

IjZKs3rb_bigger.jpg

One thing I’ve heard on the Deshaun Watson front…while the Saints, Panthers, and Browns reached out to Deshaun, it was Deshaun who reached out to the Falcons. Could explain their involvement despite having Matt Ryan

2OOfFj4q_bigger.jpg

Listen to Rap on McAfee’s recent tweet. SOUNDS LIKE (!!!!!!) Matt is going to be moved.
Quote Tweet

2OOfFj4q_normal.jpg

Cam Marino

@MarinoNFL

Sounds like the bridge has been burnt between Matt Ryan & the Falcons, regardless of if the team acquires Deshaun Watson. Terrible scenario. Need to get Watson or they’re in trouble.

I’ve been saying all these things for 2 days

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Can we take a moment and thank Darnold for being classy through all this

Honestly, Sam has no choice but to be classy. For him it’s, do you want to be in this league or not? But yes, him staying classy is a good thing 

Edited by AggieLean