• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Effect - A Huddle Story

Zod

I didn't even want Watson. I did when the rumors first started last off season, but then when the cases came and all that, i just excepted that it wasn't going to happen. I also feel a lot worse about where the team is at, than I did then. I've just moved on and would rather use our picks to build a proper team. However, the last 2-3 days have done something to me. Reading and following along with you guys has got me really wanting to land him. Of course the Saints and Falcon also being in the running has alot to do with it.  I surely don't want him going there. It's been a fun few days, but I'm ready for this thing to end already.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Aussie Tank said:

Even if we don’t get him she will spike again on draft day 

Spikes come with notable free agent signings and draft days. That's pretty typical.

Peaks are nice, but having higher valleys is much nicer. Means people are having fun with this team on the daily and not with just breaking news.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, BrewerHouseBeer said:

I didn't even want Watson. I did when the rumors first started last off season, but then when the cases came and all that, i just excepted that it wasn't going to happen. I also feel a lot worse about where the team is at, than I did then. I've just moved on and would rather use our picks to build a proper team. However, the last 2-3 days have done something to me. Reading and following along with you guys has got me really wanting to land him. Of course the Saints and Falcon also being in the running has alot to do with it.  I surely don't want him going there. It's been a fun few days, but I'm ready for this thing to end already.

YES!!! Me too. I don't even really want him. I think this is a bad move but I'm competitive and I want to WIN and beat the Saints and Falcons. I was thinking about that last night when I realized I wanted him even though I didn't. It's strange. 

• Beer 2

39 minutes ago, Zod said:

Screenshot_20220317-052758_Chrome.jpg

This is what traffic looks like in this joint. The peaks on the left are game days. 

February is no man's land.

Then there is the Watson Effect. 

Notice people are more excited about possibly picking up a good player than watching an entire bad team in December.

Or mortified at the idea of trading away a bunch of picks and young talent and getting nowhere in the process. People anticipate bad news just as much as good.

• Pie 4

Man, I thought this was going to be about the increased number of experts popping up when talking about everything associated with Watson.

1/10 Thread, skip...

Just kidding.  It is interesting to see in practice the idea that there's no such thing as bad publicity.