• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I guess we'll find out if that's an actual stipulation soon but I really doubt it if he's down to two options now. If ATL really does full guarantee all of it, gives up all those picks and something legal or health wise happens to him they royally fuged for a very long time

I'm still hoping its 4 first round picks from ATL, because the only interesting player on that roster is Kyle Pitts.  And he's not getting moved.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

Considering the overall cost, I am personaly relieved the Panthers will not get Watson,something i have repeated since day one.

However Tepper, who has allowed one mistake after the other, may feel like this an all-in defeat

Missing out on Watson allows the Panthers to catch their breath, reevaluate and (hopefully for Panthers’ fans’ sake) move patiently.

The Panthers were blindly willing to pay whatever it cost for Watson. Three first-round draft picks, a few mid-round selections and a combination of Jeremy Chinn, Derrick Brown, Jaycee Horn or Brian Burns would have likely been dealt.

I just could not justify gutting the present team and mortaging the future on one player that is not a sure bet to lead the team to a Super Bowl presently and perhaps never.I believe in building a team the old fashioned way,step by step by step.

True statement indeed. We all need to keep in mind that the ONLY thing that stopped this potential disaster was that we were removed from consideration by a 3rd party. Our front office was hell bent on this path to give away the farm for 1 man. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Yup if this is true Tepper truly is a failure. You’d give up all these draft picks and potentially good players and only have him for maybe two years. What a fool if this turns out to be true. Outrageous 

It’s not. This is them doing damage control. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Moore is on par with MT and cmc if healthy is better than kamara. I don’t get it. 

MT if in the right mind state is better than DJ, CMC is better than Kamara if he could stay healthy. 

Its just dumb to mention those 2 guys as a legit reason to go there when we have DJ and CMC. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

THe Saints roster thing confuses me, with Watson the panthers offense would have been better than the saints right? Moore, Watson, cmc > slant boi, kamara and Watson. 

It would be the Saints offensive line and their defense that would have been the biggest pull.