• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

11 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why pass up better QBs last year and next year to desperately take your guy this year?

This is why we're a mediocre (at best) franchise. 

Taking any QB #6 overall this year is criminal. Stick to the fuging plan and pick up a cornerstone LT.

Last year we were idiots and though Sam was our guy. (I was begging for us to draft Fields).  He is not. Last years QBs were not that impressive year 1. Hopefully they will be better year 2, but that class may be overrated. 

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats a bit dramatic.  He will be fine.  He will win 9-11 games but I fear he lacks the ability to put a team on his back when necessary

Which is my concern. If you’re taking a QB Top 10, he better have franchise altering potential. I don’t see it with Pickett. His ceiling is Kirk Cousins-esque to me. Which, Cousins is fine, but he is what he is. 

I don’t really want Malik Willis either, but I’d at least accept it given his high upside and tools. 

18 minutes ago, BlueBuck24 said:

Which is my concern. If you’re taking a QB Top 10, he better have franchise altering potential. I don’t see it with Pickett. His ceiling is Kirk Cousins-esque to me. Which, Cousins is fine, but he is what he is. 

I don’t really want Malik Willis either, but I’d at least accept it given his high upside and tools. 

I dont disagree

I don't want to pick any QB this draft.  These guys would have been late firsts or second rounders in last years QB class.  It would be fitting as Rhule gets canned that his last 'gift' to us is he drafts a QB that doesn't move the needle one iota and we are still searching for our franchise signal caller even after his departure.

Edited by 45catfan

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I don't want to pick any QB this draft.  These guys would have been late firsts or second rounders in last years QB class.  It would be fitting as Rhule gets canned that his last 'gift' to us is he drafts a QB that doesn't move the needle one iota and we are still searching for our franchise signal caller even after his departure.

You are always searching until you find one. You better be able to identify the ones who have the best shot. I do not have much faith in this current staff.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’d be curious to know if there is anyone that wanted Lance last year but does not want Willis this year… and if so, what the reasoning is.

Lance produced more,  prototypical size and did nothing but win.  Willis couldn't win the starting job, had to transfer and looked decent...unless playing solid competition.  If Lance was a project QB, I'm not sure to categorize Willis as.

Edited by 45catfan

I dont care who disagrees, I want Pickett. I didn't like any of the QBs last year, but Jones had a nice season. Didn't want Fields and he did zero last year. The year before I wanted Herbert when everyone on here said he sucks. He doesn't and is a top 10 NFL qb and only getting better. I'm not saying he is Joe Burrow, but Burrow was frankly a one hit wonder at LSU as well. I want Pickett. 

• Pie 1

Just Ran Across This Recent Mock Draft For What It's Worth

2022 NFL Mock Draft 

1-Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft: Malik Willis is the new era for the Carolina Panthers

With three first-round quarterbacks and surprises aplenty, this 2022 NFL Mock Draft is the last ahead of the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine.

Just hours ahead of the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, the Pro Football Network free Mock Draft Simulator takes one final spin at a 2022 NFL Mock Draft. The PFN Mock Draft Simulator ventures through the first round and selects all 32 players based on need and fit. With a few surprises, here’s how the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft could shake out ahead of the Combine and free agency period.

Just how many quarterbacks are selected in Round 1, and who are the future faces of those NFL franchises? 

6) Carolina Panthers: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

The first quarterback selected in this 2022 NFL Mock Draft heads to the Carolina Panthers, with Malik Willis becoming their future franchise QB. With Matt Corral opting to not throw at the Combine as he continues to rehab the ankle injury he sustained in the Sugar Bowl, his pro day on March 23 became must-see television. That also gives the edge to Willis to be the first quarterback selected, as no one has seen Corral throw since that first half in the bowl game.

Willis is a dual-threat with an improving arm and pass-first mentality. He’ll throw for 200+ yards and run for another 100 yards if given the chance. His arm talent is rare, raw, and improved this past season with every throw. He is not a dual-threat, run-first quarterback. In fact, he’s much more prone to buy time, keep his eyes downfield, and uncork an accurate shot to all levels of the field.

Edited by KatsAzz

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Lance produced more,  prototypical size and did nothing but win.  Willis couldn't win the starting job, had to transfer and looked decent...unless playing solid competition.  If Lance was a project QB, I'm not sure to categorize Willis as.

Lance produced for one year and it was against guys who now sell cars and dabble in penny stocks. Not to mention he accomplished it all on the best team in FCS football.

And for those in the know, Willis transferred because Bo Nix is a legacy child at Auburn. His dad was a starting QB at Auburn and his family is very influential in that school. Willis was steered to Liberty because Malzahn and Freeze are really good friends. Malzahn wouldn’t have sent Freeze a dud, he knew Willis had talent.

And you can’t bring up the competition level when Lance it there playing Butler and North Dakota and Willis is playing teams like Virginia Tech, N.C. State, Syracuse, Coastal Carolina, Army, Louisiana, and Ole Miss.. all while having an inferior team.

I’ll take what he did against Syracuse, Tech, and Coastal ten times out of ten over anything that Lance did against Butler.