• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett Pro Day today

BurnNChinn

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You have the Giants there--they pick #5--the Lions (won't take him) at #2, the Seahawks now have some picks to move up....it could get interesting.  We better have a plan B.

Giants have been vocal about sticking with Daniel Jones.

I think they might actually mean it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

They setting up to take a qb at 6. It's either Pickett or Willis. Right now, I'd heavily lean toward them taking Pickett

If they wanted a super athletic qb with a cannon arm but questionable other skills they would have drafted Fields last year. It's not Willis. Fields was a better prospect yet they passed on him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Interesting. Only us and the Falcons are all there.

Ryan is their QB this season.  I don't care how big of fanboys the Pickett and Willis' crew is, neither are ready to start this season.  Atlanta is looking to groom a guy for 2023, Ryan's final year.  They save $15M by cutting or trading him in that final contract year.  If the rookie comes along even slower than expected, they have the luxury to sit him an additional year if need be.  As much as I can't stand the Falcons, at least they seem to have a plan in place.

16 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Didn't Big Ben wear 2 gloves?  Pretty sure he did.  Matt Ryan also wears a glove on his throwing hand, which he started doing his MVP season.  

I know Warner and Manning did (later in his career).  I think Brady has before as well.  I'm not worried about the gloves as long as he can throw well in bad weather...

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Didn't Big Ben wear 2 gloves?  Pretty sure he did.  Matt Ryan also wears a glove on his throwing hand, which he started doing his MVP season.  

They both wear gloves on their non throwing hand. Roethlisraper only wears two gloves when it’s really cold out to keep the feeling in his hands.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you are a Pickett fan, then that is good news because they are the only team picking ahead of the Panthers that might go QB--I do not see Jax, Det, Houston, NYJ or NYG taking a QB at their spots.  Seattle could make a move and trade up--but trading up for one of these QBs is very expensive and risky.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't give a damn if he wears three pairs of socks as long as he's good.

I'm not wanting to draft a quarterback this year but I won't be thrown off by something as inconsequential as whether he wears gloves.

Not being able to properly grip a football as a Quarterback without wearing gloves isn’t something I would consider inconsequential, especially when the NFL uses a larger ball.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

THIS year.  They would have already picked up his 5th year option if they meant long term.  Again, while Pickett may be the most NFL ready of the bunch, he's still not a day 1 starter...none of the QBs in this class are.  If the Giants take a QB it's about 2023, not 2022.

Edited by 45catfan

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not enamored with any of the qbs as a 1st round pick. Much rather go olinemen or defensive end. But Rhule doesn't have the luxury.  So if it's small hands Pickett then I hope he's at least good enough to be a backup. 

A rookie QB isn't going to save his job.