• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers hold prelim talks with Mayfield reps

Jmac

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Unless the Browns drop the asking price significantly I do not see the Panthers getting him although the interest is definitely there 

If we didn't give Watson what he wanted I doubt we give a 1st for a darnald clone. 

14 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Not really. 

If you make a move from Sam next season it needs to be a monumental improvement. 

A Russel Wilson Aaron Rodgers type improvement. Otherwise stay the course till we draft someone. 

I don't want some Baker Mayfield POS who isn't very good and all his teammates hate.

Phuck that.

I can understand arguing that we shouldn't pursue Mayfield. I'm not arguing that we should. But our fans have quickly forgotten just how atrocious Darnold is. 

Mayfield's TD:INT ratio is 92:56. Darnold a is 54:52.

Darnold could never have a 3500 yard season with 26 TDs vs. 8 INTs. He was throwing double digit INTs even in college.

Honestly, if Mayfield had Darnold's attitude he'd probably have an extension in Cleveland. Darnold's a good dude, he's just an awful QB. Mayfield has shown he can be a good QB but he's cocky as hell and I'm not sure that cockiness will ever allow him to be coached into being consistently good.

• Pie 1

I just can’t understand how some fans are willing to take a chance on “childish” Baker, that’s the words of the Browns, but were annoyed by Cam. It doesn’t make sense. 

I don’t want Baker because I wasn’t impressed by what he did on the field. Now, I do give him some leeway due to his injury, but even before that, I just wasn’t impressed. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

With the torn labrum and the 5th year option/potentially hitting FA if he plays well it's a waste of time/another gamble. Plus he's generally dislikable and I'm already sick of him from all those commercials

Hence why I say affordable. If it's a 3rd rounder or less, what is the real risk? Play him here for a year and then if it doesn't work jettison him. No 5th year pick up, none of that stupid poo. A one year rental to try.

Otherwise, why? We are just making another Teddy/Sam deal.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Hence why I say affordable. If it's a 3rd rounder or less, what is the real risk? Play him here for a year and then if it doesn't work jettison him. No 5th year pick up, none of that stupid poo. A one year rental to try.

Otherwise, why? We are just making another Teddy/Sam deal.

He's on his 5th year so it's the same money we're paying now for Sam, that's the issue for me. I'd rather have Minshew for the same trade with less cap hit