• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Mr Scot already mentioned Steve Young if you are bringing up ALL the Super Bowls.  Roger the Dodger Staubach,  John Elway was on the top 10 list for a while (still is I think), hell even Joe Montana ran for 20 TDs. In 2014 (during peak Seahawk years) 20% of Russ's total yards were rushing yards, but he isn't a rushing QB?  You make no sense.  If you call all rushing QBs scramblers except Lamar and Vick then yes, none have won a Super Bowl and by none you mean Lamar and Vick...

I don't like the term "running" or "rushing" quarterback because I associate that with quarterbacks who can only threaten you with their legs and not their arms.

Elway, Young and Staubach were true dual threat quarterbacks. Wilson I would consider a pretty capable runner but as someone else mentioned, most of his running is done to set up a pass.

Montana? I'd probably consider him about as much of a rushing threat as Jake Delhomme, but even Delhomme and our own Sam Darnold have shown they can rush from time to time.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Hahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha. You are high as balls if you think Young Elway and Montana are running QBs. Oh my god our fan base is terrible.   Ok ok ok. Haha. How about this. QBs know to run the ball. One read and go. Zone read guys. QBs known to run all the time. 

These are all guys in the top 10 for rushing yards except Rodgers is number 11.  Russ is 4 and Young is 5.  Elway is number 10 with similar yards to..... McNabb.  Was McNabb not a rushing QB either??  So let me get your logic straight.  The number 4, 5, 10, and 11 guys on the all time rushing yards by a QB are not rushing QBs.  Got it.....  It's funny with the data clashes so hard with your logic. There are no one read QBs starting in the NFL to my knowledge.  Both Murray and Lamar (two of the better runners) can sit back and go through progressions if needed.

• Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

You're spot on!

He deserves it. He made all this fuss over the last two years about weapons and building a contender just to cash strap them and lose his best weapon as a result.

He's a total diva and I don't feel bad for him whatsoever. The reality is he was just mad they drafted his potential replacement. 

As far as ability, Rodgers is one of the most phenomenal quarterbacks I've ever seen.

He is also a colossal a--hole.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

If the Commanders and Steelers are heavily present, especially WFT, that tells me they both know Pickett won't be there at 11 or 20. 

Could also be a smoke screen to get someone like Carolina to take Willis instead of Pickett.  These GMs are all sneaky folks.  

That said, I am sure they are interested to see how well he performs but showing up doesn't mean they are after him 100%

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't like the term "running" or "rushing" quarterback because I associate that with quarterbacks who can only threaten you with their legs and not their arms.

Elway, Young and Staubach were true dual threat quarterbacks. Wilson I would consider a pretty capable runner but as someone else mentioned, most of his running is done to set up a pass.

Montana? I'd probably consider him about as much of a rushing threat as Jake Delhomme, but even Delhomme and our own Sam Darnold have shown they can rush from time to time.

4 of the top 11 (had to get to 11 to get Rodgers) all time rushing leaders for QBs have Super Bowl rings.  That was my point.  People crying a QB that can run will never win a Super Bowl don't know what they are talking about. 

• Pie 1

Willis couldn’t beat garbage assed ULM last year and we’re discussing him at #6? At 6 you’re trying to draft game changers and franchise level players. Players who can lead their team to wins over bottom tier teams

Edited by MtnJax

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

4 of the top 11 (had to get to 11 to get Rodgers) all time rushing leaders for QBs have Super Bowl rings.  That was my point.  People crying a QB that can run will never win a Super Bowl don't know what they are talking about. 

I don't think people are so much saying QBs that can run can't win a Super Bowl, its more QBs that can run, but are limited working from the pocket.

Roders is mobile, but he happens to be pretty good from the pocket, same with someone like Young.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I've put it this way before...

Can run and pass = Gold

Can pass = Silver

Can run but not pass = Fool's Gold

• Pie 5

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've put it this way before...

Can run and pass = Gold

Can pass = Silver

Can run but not pass = Fool's Gold

Yeah it's the old scrambler vs runner debate that some people don't understand the difference. A scrambler buys time to make a pass and only runs if no other options are available. A runner won't spend much time looking for a pass once they take off but will just run. Runners often actually get called to make run plays more than scramblers do and usually have accuracy problems. I like to call them Running QBs and Throwing RBs. Makes it easier to understand the difference.

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 1