• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Top 3 QB's.

17 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

If im being honest,  I don't think they could go wrong with any of the three here. You'd just have to have a different plan of attack for each of them. Willis would probably need to sit for 2 years probably, Pickett could come in and play right away most likely and Corral is a mix of both imo but would prefer to sit him for a year. 

Two years? Yeesh. But I could see that. 

37 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I think Corral is going to be every bit of “Zach Wilsonesque” at this pro day. He’s going to be throwing side arm, 1-hop 50 yard dimes, rolling to his left and hitting receivers in stride. 

Willis has a big arm. But so does Corral and Willis looked almost heavy out there moving around. If Corral’s leg is healthy he’s going to look smooth moving around. I think for US (McAdoo) he is going to jump Pickett and Willis. He’s as pro-ready as Pickett and he’s just as good of an athlete as Willis.

He is not as good a athlete as Willis nor is his arm as good as Willis. Willis has been rumored to to run a 4.37 at his auburn pro day as a 2nd year playerScreenshot_20220322-153805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c63335e0a39437cef66b9efc3fc998f1.jpg

If you show me where either of these guys move that well I will concede. Looking heavy* is fine for such a strong guy many say he is a power runner. I like that about him. If he's going to be 6'0 I rather he be thickly built. 225 is awesome for his height I think.

44 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

My concerns with Corral are a) his history and b) that offence is RPO (and SRPO) heavy. That won't fly in the NFL.

NFL offenses have been adding in RPOs for several years. You see them pretty much every game.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Two years? Yeesh. But I could see that. 

Yea, he's got some fundamentals that need to be tweaked for the next level. If he's thrown in immediately I'm not sure it goes well. 

After he's got the potential to be the best qb in this draft by far. 

Edited by carpanfan96

Chris Simms ranks Corral first and he has been spot on the last 5 years grading all the QBs. Corral has one of the fastest releases he has ever seen. Such a short arm movement, but can flick it 50 yards with no effort. I'm starting to really like this guy.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

I think you guys saying Pickett and coral are equally as athletic as Willis are under esitmating him. We are talking about a guy who has averaged nearly 100 yards. Who breaks tackles in the pocket and on run he's just stronger and thicker built.

On the field athleticism should be measured with his competition in mind. Corral was standing in the pocket delivering dimes against future pros. Willis was doing it against future JAGs. The only thing willis has going for him imo is his arm talent and Corral will show he has plenty of that as well.

Personally, I’m not sure any of them belong in the top 15. BUT…if we’re talking about who has the tools to be the best of the bunch them quickest…it’s Corral. I think Pickett has peaked. I think Willis hasn’t played against enough quality and his intangibles aren’t eye popping enough to convince me (ala Josh Allen). 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

He is not as good a athlete as Willis nor is his arm as good as Willis. Willis has been rumored to to run a 4.37 at his auburn pro day as a 2nd year playerScreenshot_20220322-153805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c63335e0a39437cef66b9efc3fc998f1.jpg

If you show me where either of these guys move that well I will concede. Looking heavy* is fine for such a strong guy many say he is a power runner. I like that about him. If he's going to be 6'0 I rather he be thickly built. 225 is awesome for his height I think.

Given that he didn't run at the combine. I would be inclined to believe he likely doesn't run a particularly fast 40 time. Not to say he isn't still quite athletic but I suspect he isn't as fast as people think he is.

• Pie 1