• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms top QB is Matt Corral and why you should listen

Zod

43 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

God I hope we punt on drafting a qb this year.  Lets just build the line and go from there.   There is not one of those dudes on that list that just screams playoff qb.  

Totally agree. I'd also add, if there was ever a year to trade back, this is it.

Edited by Khaki Lackey

the only kind of QB that some posters here would want is the kind of QB who goes number 1 overall, not 6 and not wherever the panthers will be picking next season

that guy goes 1 and you aren’t going to trade up for him. As recently as yesterday somebody said “wait until next year and then put a package together to move up.”

people here may undervalue the position but nfl teams don’t. You arent “putting a package together” to get the kind of player that people here are so irrationally obsessed with waiting for. 

either this guy elevates his game and is locked in out of the panthers reach or he regresses to the mean and these people won’t want him anyways (I.e. Willis, Howell, Ridder)

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

He’s my number one too. Did u see his pro day? I didn’t get to see anything and people on here said he looked terrible m. But all the reporters said he looked great, lol what’s the truth?

first off the camera team were retarded

there were a lot of passes that weren't caught but who knows who's fault that was

What matters is that he moved well and looks healthy.  his tape speaks for itself. 

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Growl said:

the only kind of QB that some posters here would want is the kind of QB who goes number 1 overall, not 6 and not wherever the panthers will be picking next season

that guy goes 1 and you aren’t going to trade up for him. As recently as yesterday somebody said “wait until next year and then put a package together to move up.”

people here may undervalue the position but nfl teams don’t. You arent “putting a package together” to get the kind of player that people here are so irrationally obsessed with waiting for. 

either this guy elevates his game and is locked in out of the panthers reach or he regresses to the mean and these people won’t want him anyways (I.e. Willis, Howell, Ridder)

So true. Made to seem like they can just...do it at will. If that was the case we'd be riding with Watson.

When it comes to targeting franchise QB's in the draft I dont think you can afford to get cute and trade back. If Corral is 'the guy' you take him at 6. 

I dont thiink we should draft a QB this year. My strategy would be to try to bait a QB needy team into a haul of picks so we have ammo for next years QBs.. 

After watching his breakdown I don't really want any of these guys except a trade back and gamble on Malik, but at least 2 of these guys are getting drafted in the top 10 purely out of desperation at the position. I really don't like how he broke down Picketts thumb issue/glove compensation and how that gives him that weird over the top throwing motion and limits his ability to throw sidearm 

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

underrated Christmas classic (but not as good as It Happened On 5th Avenue)

stupid point tho

My point is that he reminds me a lot of RG3. Both ran about the same, they about about the same size. RG3 was a better passer imo and Corral has already been injured. Their playing styles are very similar. My biggest fear about drafting Corral is the same that I had for RG3 and that is he won't last long in the NFL if he continues to play that way. He'll end up like that pancake. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I’ve watched some condensed full games of his (Corral) after the Simms podcast.

Short and mid accuracy looks nice. Tight spiral. Great velocity. 

Nimble feet in the pocket and slides well. Can throw from different angles. 

And that release is lightning quick. Confirms everything Simms said. 

He looks like the clear number 1 with one gigantic flaw. He will 100% get knocked out of games. 

Can the competitor in him allow him to slide and concede plays? Because at his size he may be a 12 game a year QB fighting for these extra yards. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

He looks like the clear number 1 with one gigantic flaw. He will 100% get knocked out of games. 

Can the competitor in him allow him to slide and concede plays? Because at his size he may be a 12 game a year QB fighting for these extra yards. 

This. He reminds me of RG3