• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms top QB is Matt Corral and why you should listen

Zod

2 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I readily confess I know next to nothing about Corrall, but I started to look at one of his highlight tapes, and this is immediately my question:

How many NFL QB's still playing past age 30 looked that skinny in college?

A poo ton of them?

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Part of the issue is that Corral LOOKS smaller compared to his competition bc college athletes are freaks these days…especially in the SEC. 

Brees played his entire career at 210. Corral has the frame to put on another 10-12lbs in his lower body and core. He’s going to fill out and his playing weight will be 210-212 which is fine. Just gonna take some time. 

Yeah it’s not like he’s even a small dude. 6 foot 2, 212-215 ish lbs. if he can get to 220 or so that’s perfectly fine. 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Part of the issue is that Corral LOOKS smaller compared to his competition bc college athletes are freaks these days…especially in the SEC. 

Brees played his entire career at 210. Corral has the frame to put on another 10-12lbs in his lower body and core. He’s going to fill out and his playing weight will be 210-212 which is fine. Just gonna take some time. 

The only thing that actually matters is can he football.  If he can play like he belongs then who cares how big, tall, or fast he is?  He could be a 4 foot tall one leg elf for all I care. As long as he can play like an nfl qb I don't gaf.

Just win baby.

• Pie 3
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The only thing that actually matters is can he football.  If he can play like he belongs then who cares how big, tall, or fast he is?  He could be a 4 foot tall one leg elf for all I care. As long as he can play like an nfl qb I don't gaf.

Just win baby.

Well, having a few more pounds of muscle does make it a little easier to deal with the physicality of the NFL.  Of course, getting the ball out faster helps a lot more.  

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, having a few more pounds of muscle does make it a little easier to deal with the physicality of the NFL.  Of course, getting the ball out faster helps a lot more.  

Of course it helps. Just don't let that blind you to what is the critical things. Can he play the game at this level is all you need to know. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Plus you should always be looking for someone to step in when he can no longer play at a high level.  And you don't wait until that day arrives before you get that guy.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:13 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

The people who are buying into this Mac Jones myth didn't actually watch him play. He's what most thought he'd be - a very limited NFL QB.

Yup, good system and good protection but Jones is a game manager. Still that's all you need sometimes. 

On 3/24/2022 at 8:41 AM, Newbie said:

No he won’t, the Falcons, Commanders and Steelers will probably take a QB in round 1. We pick at 6 and then have to wait until 137 for our next selection. The Eagles, Lions and Seahawks will also take a QB maybe in the first but definitely before pick 137. Just because some jimmies on a message board think Malik and Kenny are the first two QBs off the board doesn’t mean one team doesn’t have Corral ranked higher. If we wait until pick 137 we’re looking at names like Purdy, Perry and Glass. 

Boy, this didn't age well 😕

To be fair though, I don't really think anybody foresaw the massive slide every quarterback other than Kenny Pickett took.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Boy, this didn't age well 😕

To be fair though, I don't really think anybody foresaw the massive slide every quarterback other than Kenny Pickett took.

I can’t believe you remembered me making that post. Hell, I didn’t remember writing it myself. It’s cringeworthy for sure and at least I know I’m memorable. 

8 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Corral played against the best all around defenses in the SEC and did pretty dang well (not including non-conference games).

Nothing against the other QBs, but they didn't play against the most stellar defenses all season long.  I think that should be looked at as well.

I don’t understand how people can’t see this….that’s a huge factor. With his release and game tape I’m extremely excited for his potential. I hope we do it right though and give him a true redshirt year.

• Beer 1