• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Trade back would be best case scenario. Just don’t take them at #6

It's going to be tricky to do that with more than 3 teams looking for Qbs. I agree trading down makes the most sense but if we want a particular one we better draft them at 6.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

hes the best QB in the draft

The underestimating of Corral bc he had to play against SEC competition and actually played in his bowl game is astounding to me. Kenny Pickett played against mostly hot garbage all year and then sat out the one game he would have been exposed…

Corral is going to be the biggest gamer in this class. He is going to get out with the biggest chip and be a force. 

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

All 3 are going in the top 10

I don't know about the Top 10 (which wouldn't surprise me at all), but I think they will all be gone by pick 20, if not 15. 

I said this  in another post, but I'll paraphrase it here. I don't think last year's QB class was that great. If you take Lawrence (who is considered a once in a generation prospect) out of the mix, why are the 4 QBs taken (Lance, Wilson, Fields, and Jones) in 2021 considered so much better than Willis, Pickett, and Corral?

I think the latter 3 will have careers just as good (if not better) than any of the guys in the class of 2021, including Lawrence if he's not able to overcome the horrendous situation he inherited in Jacksonville.

I'm all for taking a LT at six, but if we went with a QB I wouldn't be upset if we took either of these guys.

Some of you just seem like mouth breathers at this point. You don't have any idea who or how many QBs in this class will become legitimate starters. Gotdamn, you know more than the scouts! Assuming that Willis or Pickett will outdo one another, much less the enigmatic Corral is a lesson in foolishness. Things never ever play out from a draft as the consensus view from NFL FOs, much less the way some fans believe it will all go down.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Some of you just seem like mouth breathers at this point. You don't have any idea who or how many QBs in this class will become legitimate starters. Gotdamn, you know more than the scouts! Assuming that Willis or Pickett will outdo one another, much less the enigmatic Corral is a lesson in foolishness. Things never ever play out from a draft as the consensus view from NFL FOs, much less the way some fans believe it will all go down.

These types of posts always confuse me. That's what this place is for, to talk about football. If encountering differing opinions on football is so triggering for you, why bother with being here?

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Maybe. I think the Panthers may prefer taking Corral and getting a second and third rounder with the trade back 

I think that trade partner is probably Seattle at 9….risk there is a lot of needs are similar to the panthers 

ive seen projections with Detroit taking a qb, Atlanta trading up to take Willis and Panthers staying at 6 for Corral

people on this board talk about ‘no qb is worth it this year’.   

A nfl team without a qb is nothing in this day and age in the nfl …absolutely nothing   

Too, no one, I mean no one is going to pay to see Darnold and the Panthers not be able to win a game in 2022    

as the saying goes ‘…fool me once …’

20 minutes ago, Thompcat said:

It's going to be tricky to do that with more than 3 teams looking for Qbs. I agree trading down makes the most sense but if we want a particular one we better draft them at 6.

yes, especially if Willis goes second.  With Atlanta at 8 and Seattle at 9, someone will leapfrog the Panthers.   Heck, houston can get in on it too.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I have seen a mock that had 3 going top 6 (Reuter/CBS, I Think)

I will say it here first (even though I am sure others have said it) Corral might be the best of the lot---but my money would go on Willis.  However, I think the Panthers would take Pickett all things considered equal.

I look for Seattle to trade with the Giants (9 to 5) for Willis or Pickett--we want these three QBs to survive Detroit and Houstion (2, 3) and they should, I am guessing.  Out of random thoughts--bye.

I’m big on Corall. He’s got the quickest release and the 2nd strongest arm of the top guys. He’s super elusive and mobile and athletic, and he put up good numbers in the SEC against the best competition available. His only knock is he’s smallish, but the QB position is evolving and that’s not the terrible thing it used to be. Still not ideal but he is like 6’1”.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

I’m big on Corall. He’s got the quickest release and the 2nd strongest arm of the top guys. He’s super elusive and mobile and athletic, and he put up good numbers in the SEC against the best competition available. His only knock is he’s smallish, but the QB position is evolving and that’s not the terrible thing it used to be. Still not ideal but he is like 6’1”.

It is SO refreshing to see an intelligent post by someone who has the acumen to support an opinion with facts and concrete reasons.  I wish others would take note.

The QB position is evolving and Corral has the skills and experience to run the RPO in a high-powered offense.  With a good running game and improved OL, he could become very special.

• Beer 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

It is SO refreshing to see an intelligent post by someone who has the acumen to support an opinion with facts and concrete reasons.  I wish others would take note.

The QB position is evolving and Corral has the skills and experience to run the RPO in a high-powered offense.  With a good running game and improved OL, he could become very special.

Alcoholic headcase that's battling depression.   Hard pass.   Why sign up for this headache?

• Poo 4

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Alcoholic headcase that's battling depression.   Hard pass.   Why sign up for this headache?

You pretend to know his habits.  You do not.  He reportedly has been alcohol free since before July 2021.  What information do you have?  I provided a direct quote from Corral about being alcohol free.  Can you call him a liar? 

THE QUOTE:  "I don't know why," Corral said. "I got tired of feeling like that. Just tired of making excuses. I got tired of having vices for my problems, like drinking. It f---ed with me. I don't even drink anymore."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ole-miss-matt-corral-faced-a-reckoning-head-on-allowing-a-team-leader-to-emerge-on-the-other-side/

Or you can spread crap from a TMZ episode a few years back...

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1